The acquisition has now been completed of Craigton Crematorium, Glasgow; Emstrey Crematorium & Cemetery, Shrewsbury; Grenoside Crematorium, Sheffield and Lichfield & District Crematorium in Staffordshire from Co-op Funeralcare.
New crematoria represent a good investment
These crematoria will allow us to extend our services into new geographical areas and represent a good investment for Dignity and supports our continued growth. Craigton Crematorium has served communities across Glasgow for over 50 years and has recently been completely refurbished with a chapel that can comfortably seat over 100 mourners.
The Gardens of Remembrance have established beds of colourful rose bushes and is a tranquil setting to place a dedicated memorial. Located on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, Emstrey Crematorium & Cemetery has been designed to provide families with a peaceful and serene place to remember their loved ones. The chapel was built in 1958 and can seat up to 100 people. The design of the building gives the crematorium a unique feeling of character with natural light creating a peaceful environment.
The grounds have been sensitively landscaped to enable families to enjoy the peaceful surroundings of the Shropshire countryside. Overlooking the city of Sheffield, Grenoside Crematorium is a modern facility set within several acres of beautifully maintained gardens. The spacious North Chapel can seat over 130 guests whilst the South Chapel seats 45 mourners in a more intimate and personal setting.
The Clock House Tea Rooms are situated within the beautiful gardens and can cater for wakes of up to 100 people. Lichfield & District Crematorium opened in 2012 and is situated in 10 acres of land in Fradley, Staffordshire. The chapel has seating for up to 80 people and the Gardens of Remembrance are being developed to provide a place of peace and tranquillity for families to visit.
- New crematoria represent a good investment The acquisition has now been completed of Craigton Crematorium, Glasgow; Emstrey Crematorium & Cemetery, Shrewsbury; Grenoside Crematorium, Sheffield and Lichfield & District Crematorium in Staffordshire from Co-op Funeralcare.
- Archaeological discoveries at the Exeter & Devon Crematorium A Roman military base has been unearthed at Exeter & Devon Crematorium that possibly dates back as far as 1st Century AD.
- Rebecca abseils 94 meters for The Rowans Hospice Business manager, Rebecca Lambert, from A G Stapleford & Sons Funeral Directors took part in a charity abseil down the Emirates Spinnaker Tower on Sunday 3 July.
- Charity organ proves to be a popular attraction Staff at James Scott Funeral Directors of Musselburgh raised £400 for local charity The Tea Pot Trust at the Musselburgh Riding of the Marches Gala Day event on Wednesday 27 July
- Funeral home's historic ledger features on Channel 4 News One of J H Kenyon's historic funeral ledgers was featured on Channel 4 News earlier this year when Shadow Foreign Secretary, the Rt. Hon. Hilary Benn MP, was interviewed about his uncle, an RAF pilot who was killed in the Second World War. At the time, J H Kenyon conducted his funeral.
- L Fulcher's Dinner Dance L Fulcher Funeral Directors in Bury St Edmunds recently organised a Dinner Dance following the success of a similar event three years ago.