Telephone: 01273 572472
The Brighton and Preston Cemetery was opened in 1886 and the grounds cover approximately 28 acres.
An unusual piece of history associated with the cemetery relates to an old chapel that used to be situated in The Lanes in Brighton. When the Union Chapel was converted into a public house in 1904 the burials were exhumed and interred within Brighton and Preston Cemetery. The cemetery has an inscribed memorial that records this unusual event.
The old chapel that stands within the cemetery grounds was part of Scabes Castle Lodge until around 1895. It was originally used for services but is now used as a marker for visitors to the grounds.