Cemetery Road
Wath on dearne
S63 7SH

Telephone: 01709 850344

Cemetery information

Dignity has managed the cemeteries in Rotherham on behalf of the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council since August 2008.

With the exception of East Herringthorpe all of the cemeteries were laid to serve the villages in which they stand and were slowly incorporated into the growing city of Rotherham. Therefore, it is common to find several generations of the same family buried in the same cemetery.

The oldest cemetery in the borough is Moorgate, which was opened in 1868, followed by Rawmarsh in 1861, Wath in 1868 and Masbrough in 1871. Cemeteries in Greasbrough, Haugh Road and Maltby were opened in the early part of the 20th century, with East Herringthorpe opening in 1953 and Greasbrough Lane in 1993.

Opening Hours

Apr – Sept 9.00 am – 7.00 pm (Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 am – 7.00 pm)
Oct – March – 9.00am – 5.00 pm (Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 am – 4.00 pm)

Back to index page

  • Expand map
  • Get directions