Telephone: 01709 850344
Rotherham crematorium was opened in 1962, but the East Herringthorpe cemetery that surrounds the crematorium has been conducting burials since 1953.
Rotherham is a multi-cultural, multi-faith town and the crematorium and cemetery reflect this diversity. The crematorium building, including chapel, waiting room and porte-cochere (entrance), are under going a refurbishment while the site facilities will be enhanced through the provision of a 120-space car park adjacent to the crematorium chapel.
The chapel itself has an organ for live music and a Wesley music system to accommodate a range of musical needs. The crematorium also has disabled access, disabled toilets and a hearing loop.
The existing memorial gardens are being developed and enlarged to offer a wide range of memorials, which can be personalised to meet the aspirations of families and provide a haven of peace and tranquillity in which to remember loved ones.
There is also a memorial area dedicated to the Normandy veterans and those who served in the armed forces.
Office: Mon – Fri 9.00 am – 5.00pm
Book of Remembrance: Mon – Fri 9.00 am – 5.00 pm; Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
There are 120 parking spaces available (4 disabled).
Arrange a visit
If you would like to arrange a visit to the crematorium or memorial garden.