Telephone: 01635 522210
Camp Hopson Funerals has been serving the communities of Newbury and Berkshire for over 160 years. The business can trace its history back to the 1800's when Joseph Hopson set up a furniture business in 1854 and Alfred Camp opened a Drapery Bazaar in 1886. In 1920, Joseph Hopson’s grandson married Alfred Camp's daughter and the following year the two businesses merged to create Camp Hopson and began to conduct funerals.
When a loved one has passed away, arranging a funeral can seem daunting, particularly when you have the emotional stress of losing someone close to you.
We are here to help you and your family through this difficult time.
From the moment you need us, we are here to advise, support and help you arrange the funeral you want for your loved one, including:
- Advice on registering the death
- Making arrangements for the crematorium or cemetery
- Helping you select a coffin, casket or urn
- Choosing a headstone or memorial
- Deciding on hymns, music and preparing an order of service
- Advising on flowers, donations to charities, newspaper announcements, stationery, and memorials
- Arranging transport for relatives as well as providing a hearse
- Helping you with any special requests
- Taking care of arrangements on the day of the funeral.
We provide a highly professional and personal service that is sympathetic to your family's needs and wishes. We pride ourselves on our compassionate and caring manner, attention to detail and the highest standards of professional service based on many years of experience.
Our chapel of rest is available for families to spend time with the deceased.
We also provide funeral plans.