Our Local Alternative Funeral
Our local Alternative Funeral offers a service where family and friends can celebrate the life of your loved one, followed by an unattended cremation.
If you’re looking for a service with the option of personalisation, followed by an unattended cremation, our local Alternative Funeral could be ideal for you.
As with all our funeral services, our expert funeral directors will guide and support you through every step of the process. From transporting your loved one to rest in climate-controlled facilities to the day of the funeral and beyond, we will be by your side.
Alternative Funeral Cost
The estimated price of our local Alternative Funeral includes a Park Coffin. We can personalise the service or coffin for an additional cost to meet your specific needs and preferences.
Choosing our local Alternative Funeral will see our expert funeral directors advise and guide you through all aspects of the funeral. Your loved one will rest in our climate-controlled mortuary, and you will have the opportunity to visit them in our Chapel of Rest during regular office hours. We want to help you in every way we can, so we will also liaise with necessary third parties and manage all documentation for the funeral on your behalf.
On the day of the funeral, your loved one will be driven by a chauffeur in a traditional hearse to the service venue where you and your loved ones can remember them and celebrate their life. The cremation will then be carried out with the utmost care at one of our selected local crematoria without any mourners present.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
- Silver Funeral Option Price£1910
- Gold Funeral Option Price££POA
- Platinum Funeral Option Price££POA
- Estimate of third party costs including crematorium cost, doctor's fee and minister or celebrant£1311
Our local Alternative Funeral at a glance
- Our fully trained professional team will bring your loved one into our care using specialist vehicles and equipment during normal office hours
- They will be treated with the utmost respect and will rest in climate-controlled mortuary facilities
- Depending on your preferences, we will dress your loved one in their own clothes, or we can provide a gown
- We will also follow any instructions regarding hair and make-up. We will care for any personal effects in accordance with your instructions
- You can visit your loved one as many times as required, in our private chapel of rest by appointment at a time suitable to you
- Your funeral arranger will liaise with necessary third parties, managing all documentation required for the funeral to go ahead
- The Park Coffin is included with this service. You also have the option to upgrade to any other coffin in our range.
- Your loved one will be transported in a chauffeur driven hearse on the day of the funeral, directly from our funeral home to the service venue
- The cremation will be carried out with the utmost care and supervised by one of our qualified attendants
- You can collect your loved one’s ashes from our funeral home, or they be scattered in the crematorium’s garden of remembrance. Alternatively, we can arrange the interment of ashes if required
- We can also help with flower arrangements, stationery, obituaries and more. Please see “Additional Services” below for further information and pricing.
- The choice of service date and time may be limited depending on availability and restrictions within the chosen venue
- The cremation will not be attended by mourners
- There will be no flexibility with the date, time and location of the cremation
Some Important Things to Consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
Find out more about our local Alternative Venue and what it entails:
You can carry out your loved one's service at any suitable nearby setting. We will help to arrange this, working with your desired venue to secure a time and date for the service to go ahead.
The flexibility of choosing a venue that works for you means that the Alternative Funeral can reflect your loved one's life, culture, interests or passions.
- The Silver Package - £1,910
- The Gold Package - £POA
- The Platinum Package - £POA
To find out more, please call us on and we'll be happy to talk through your ideas.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
We will provide one of our chauffeur-driven hearses to carry the coffin to the funeral service, crematorium or place of committal. Depending upon the type of service you choose, we can personalise the route of this final journey to take in locations that, during life, may have had a specific meaning to your loved one.
A motorised hearse is included in the price of the funeral, but we also have the capacity, at an additional cost, to offer horse-drawn hearses, along with a range of alternative carriages. Popular choices include campervans, motorcycles and fire engines. To find out more, speak to one of the team at .
Our entire fleet of funeral limousines is built to the highest specifications, and each vehicle is professionally maintained. They provide a traditional, comfortable and dignified way to travel to and from the funeral service.
Traditionally, immediate family take a limousine to the funeral service; however, you can invite whoever you please to travel in the limousine with you. Other family and friends will then usually follow in their own vehicles.
Our funeral limousines are usually capable of carrying between seven and nine people. Please ask for further information on the styles available to confirm the exact number of individuals who can travel at once.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Reception into home or place of worship£225
- Our limousines£250
- Our embalming service£150
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises£1.00 (per mile)
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for the Alternative Venue to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Although our prices include all that we do to ensure you and your loved one receive the greatest of care, there are also third party costs, which are supplementary to the overall price.
Known as disbursements, these may include fees that are payable to the crematorium, the doctor and to the minister or celebrant. The payment of these external costs will be managed by us, along with the coordination of all the documents required to legally allow your loved one's funeral to proceed. Details of the third party costs are included upon your invoice.
Select a tab to find out more about some common disbursements. For information regarding the third party costs for a burial, call us on .
Example Third Party Costs
- Crematorium Cost£1030
- Doctors Fees£82
- Minister Fee£217
- Total essential third party costs£1329
Minister or Celebrant
We can help you choose the right minister or celebrant for your loved one’s funeral. Popular options tend to include:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
If you already have a preferred minister or celebrant in mind, you are more than welcome to use them. We will manage the payment of this third-party cost and handle the relevant documentation, making sure that the funeral can go ahead.
We will include details of this third-party cost on your invoice. For further information, please feel free to call us on and we’ll be happy to help.
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
Every funeral is different, so the additional cost for these extras will depend entirely on what options you choose. However, to give you a rough idea of pricing, we’ve created a table showing some of the most popular options, along with the average* cost of these extras in the UK. For further information on these services and pricing, please call us and a member of our team will be able to help.
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on .
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our funeral home on .
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home.