The Full Service Funeral
Our Full Service Funeral provides a truly personal service, delivered to the highest standards and arranged to meet your exact requirements. This way, you get to say goodbye to your loved one in the manner that means the most to you.
Whether you decide upon a burial or a cremation, The Full Service Funeral ensures the most personalised service, which can be as reflective of your loved one's life as you wish. Any additional services or details, such as the route of the procession, are yours to choose as you see fit.
Biggleswade Full Service Funeral Costs
With the Full Service Funeral, you have a wide range of choices to allow you as much input on the funeral arrangements as you wish. You may want to plan a traditional service, or, maybe you would prefer to pursue something a little different like a colourful celebration of life. Either way, our team, with extensive knowledge and expertise, are here to make it happen.
We promise that your loved one will be treated with utmost respect and dignity under our care. Dressed in clothing of your choice, or a simple gown if you feel that would be more appropriate, you'll be able to visit your loved one at our private chapel of rest at an agreed time.
The total estimated cost includes our Exmoor coffin. However, for an additional cost, you can choose an alternative from our range of coffins and caskets.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
The estimated costs shown are for cremation only. Please call us if you would like to discuss a burial.
- Full Service Funeral£3,215
- (Includes our Exmoor Coffin)
- Plus estimated third party costs for cost of cremation, doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister£1,122
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£4,337
The Full Service Funeral at a Glance:
- The choice of a cremation or burial, along with a service, tailored to the way you want it
- Your loved one cared for by our team of compassionate and respectful funeral experts
- Traditional, contemporary or altogether unique - we will make the type of funeral you want happen
- Personal, face-to-face guidance and advice throughout the whole arrangement process, with one of our friendly and understanding arrangers
- Your loved one brought into our care and looked after by our fully-trained team
- Preparation, collection and distribution of all relevant documentation, liaison with the necessary third parties, and management of external payments to enable the funeral to legally proceed
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, informing friends and family of the service and commemorating the life of your loved one
- Price includes basic coffin, with lining and fittings, which can be upgraded to a coffin or casket from our available range
- An appointed funeral director will be with you throughout the entire process, from arrangement, through to the day of the funeral and afterwards, providing support and comfort at all times.
Find out more about our Full Service Funeral and what it entails:
Our Full Service Funeral allows you to choose the way you remember your loved one's life. However you want to say goodbye, we will work together with you to ensure that, on the day, all your wishes are met.
The team at our Biggleswade funeral home will handle the arrangements for you, providing the highest standards of care to your loved one. You can rest assured that on the day of the funeral, everything will run smoothly.
If you'd like to arrange a Full Service Funeral for your loved one, please speak to one of the funeral arrangers or directors at Full Service Funeral - Woodman & Son Funeral Directors.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
We will provide one of our chauffeur-driven hearses to carry the coffin to the funeral service, crematorium or place of committal. Depending upon the type of service you choose, we can personalise the route of this final journey to take in locations that, during life, may have had a specific meaning to your loved one.
A motorised hearse is included in the price of the funeral, but we also have the capacity, at an additional cost, to offer horse-drawn hearses, along with a range of alternative carriages. Popular choices include campervans, motorcycles and fire engines. To find out more, speak to one of the team at Woodman & Son Funeral Directors.
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our Biggleswade funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Our Embalming Service£98
- Our Limousines£168
- Our Hearses£675
- Removal of PacemakerPOA
- Chapel Visits outside of normal office hoursPOA
- Reception into home or place of worship during normal office hours£146
- Hearse for floral tributes£287
- Horse drawn hearsePOA
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises£2.00
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises£0.50 (per mile)
- Attendance of a funeral director for burial of ashes£64
- Wooden grave markerfrom £30
- Removal & replacement of headstone and basePOA
- Additional charge for a weekend or Bank Holiday funeralPOA
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Full Service Funeral to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Although our prices include all that we do to ensure you and your loved one receive the greatest of care, there are also third party costs, which are supplementary to the overall price.
Known as disbursements, these may include fees that are payable to the crematorium, the doctor and to the minister or celebrant. The payment of these external costs will be managed by us, along with the coordination of all the documents required to legally allow your loved one's funeral to proceed. Details of the third party costs are included upon your invoice.
Select a tab to find out more about some common disbursements. For information regarding the third party costs for a burial, call us on
Example Third Party Costs
- Crematorium Cost£760
- Doctors Fees£164
- Minister Fee£198
- Total essential third party costs£1,122
There are occasions when the two certificates are not needed, for instance if a coroner has reviewed the circumstances of your loved one's passing, but most of the time they are a legal requirement.
Although the doctor's fees are not included in the price, we will arrange for the payment of this third party cost, along with ensuring the documentation is present and correct, as part of our service to you.
Minister or Celebrant
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
There are optional extras, which, for an additional cost, we can arrange, so that you have the assurance that everything is being taken care of at this difficult time. The tabs here cover the most common optional costs, but the choices are entirely up to you.
Our table provides examples of what some families decide upon, along with the average* of what is spent on each in the UK. To speak to one of our team about additional items or services, call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2020
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at Woodman & Son Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Biggleswade funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on