The Bristol Funeral
The Bristol Funeral allows you to celebrate the life of your loved one with a special service at one of our local venues. The service is followed by a dignified but unattended cremation at a crematorium chosen by us.
A range of beautiful venues throughout Bristol make up the Silver, Gold and Platinum packages that constitute The Bristol Funeral. These range from converted barns in rural surroundings, to local sports clubs and more stately country residences. Find out more about what The Bristol Funeral offers below.
Please ask in branch for details of the available venues.
The Bristol Funeral costs
A hearse and our Park coffin also feature in the price, although you can upgrade to another coffin of your choice for an additional cost.
The team of funeral experts at R Davies & Son Funeral Directors in St Pauls will be on hand to talk you through The Bristol Funeral and the separate packages on offer, helping you to choose the one best suited to your needs.
The estimated cost of the Silver package is shown on the right.
Estimated cost of The Bristol Funeral
- The Silver Package£2,599
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- (Includes third party costs for cost of cremation, doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister)
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£2,599
The Bristol Funeral at a glance:
- You will be supported by our funeral arranger, who will guide you through the process and provide details of the venues available with the Silver, Gold and Platinum packages
- Your loved one will be brought into our care by our professionally trained team, where they will be treated with absolute respect and rested in our climate-controlled mortuary
- We will ensure all the documentation necessary for The Bristol Funeral to legally proceed is in place and any external payments are made
- Doctor's fees (where necessary to allow the funeral to go ahead), along with cremation and Minister/Celebrant fees, are included in price
- The service will be held at the venue you have chosen, as advised by our funeral arranger
- Your appointed funeral director will prepare the venue, along with any other location required for the service to take place, and attend on the day to support you and conduct the funeral
- The cremation will take place at a local site, chosen by us, without mourners and supervised by a qualified Crematorium Attendant
- Your loved one's ashes will be returned to us for collection, or we can arrange for them to be scattered in the gardens of remembrance
- Our funeral directors will be here to provide aftercare and advice, along with additional services where required.
- The cremation will not be attended by yourself, family or other mourners
- The cremation will take place at a time, date and location chosen by your funeral director
- We are unable to offer reception into the home or place of worship as part of The Bristol Funeral
Some Important Things to Consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the exact send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
Find out more about the Bristol Funeral and what it entails:
We offer Silver, Gold and Platinum funeral packages, giving you a choice of venues in which to hold your loved one's funeral service. These range from sports clubs to grand houses situated in the green expanses of the Bristol countryside. Whichever package you choose, you will be able to remember your loved one in a service that gives you the time to pay your respects at a fitting location.
- The Silver Package - £2,599
- The Gold Package - £2,899
- The Platinum Package - £3,449
Please ask in branch for further details of the venues available as part of The Bristol Funeral.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our St Pauls funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Collecting and transporting the deceased person from the place of death (outside office hours) into the funeral director’s care£195
- Additional mileage (price per mile)£2.25
- Removal of pacemakerPOA
- Conducting the funeral service outside of normal office hours, including bank holidays and weekends£595
- Attendance of a funeral director for burial of ashes£95
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises£1.00 (per mile)
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
There are optional extras, which, for an additional cost, we can arrange, so that you have the assurance that everything is being taken care of at this difficult time. The tabs here cover the most common optional costs, but the choices are entirely up to you.
Our table provides examples of what some families decide upon, along with the average* of what is spent on each in the UK. To speak to one of our team about additional items or services, call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2020
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at R Davies & Son Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our St Pauls funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on