Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
John Meynell is a funeral directors in Darlington, County Durham. We provide caring and compassionate funerals for loved ones who have passed away. Founded in 1910, our business has always been renowned for its high quality of care and our close attention to detail. Generations of local knowledge have been passed down from the Meynell family to this day, helping us stay in close touch with our Darlington community. Our branches have seen extensive refurbishments, so we are able to provide our families with the very best facilities. Please contact us any time of day.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01325 382542 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At John Meynell Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address148/150 North Road Darlington DL1 2EJ GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on surrounding streets.
We are located on North Road on the junction of Shildon Street near Morrisons supermarket.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01325 382542 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 4 Reviews
- Rating 5.011 December 2018Were very pleased with the service we received.Response on behalf of John Meynell Funeral Directors11 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.06 December 2018From the very first meeting with the staff, I felt at ease with them , the funeral director was very supportive, she explained the procedures with an empathic attitude. Her support throughout has been exceptional. Since the funeral she has contacted me to offer any further support should I need it.Response on behalf of John Meynell Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 December 2018From our first meeting with Grenedeen, I knew I need not have fretted and worried over mum's funeral arrangements. Her care, kindness and advice were of immense relief to me and.my family. My mum could not have had such a perfect goodbye. Her advice in choosing the celebrant was perfect. Carole, Grenedeen and her staff I cannot give them enough praise.
My family and I cannot recommend John Meynell Funeral Directors enough. Thank you so much for making a very difficult day so lovely.Response on behalf of John Meynell Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your family with the care and guidance needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.03 December 2018The service provided was exceptional. The care and compassion shown is very much welcome when dealing with a bereavement . They took care of everything giving advise and adding personal touches that really make a difference.Response on behalf of John Meynell Funeral Directors4 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.