Jump to a Section
We are J Hylton & Sons Funeral Directors in Swadlincote, and we are here to help you arrange the perfect farewell for your loved one. We treat every family with the same kindness and compassion that we are renowned for. Our funeral professionals will help to arrange a bespoke and meaningful funeral service that celebrates your loved one's life in a meaningful way. Our funeral home has been serving the local community since John Hylton began conducting funerals in 1980. Today, it has two chapels of rest which you can use to spend time alone with your loved one in the time leading up to the funeral. You can get in touch with us 24 hours a day by telephone, so please give us a call as soon as you need us and we will be here to advise, guide and support you.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,250
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address25 Market Street Church Gresley Swadlincote DE11 9PR GB
Parking and Directions
There is unrestricted parking available on Market Street.
We are next to The Salvation Army shop and opposite Gresley Memorial Park.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01283 216668 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.04 October 2018Everybody was so nice and guided me through every step of my mother’s funeral, from all the organising with Sarah Jane, who was very helpful, and caring of my son being present, down to Sandra supporting me in the chapel of rest, plus ringing me to check to see how I was doing. They are a fantastic team and I can’t thank them enough.Response on behalf of J Hylton & Sons Funeral Directors5 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your mother were carried out to your satisfaction and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018As a family we have used the service of J Hylton & Sons for many years. The service is always first class with professionalism and compassion.
From start to finish every aspect is dealt with, with sensitivity and dignity.
Sandra offers outstanding service at all stages and takes much of the stress and strain out of what is already an upsetting situation.
Recently, Neil continued to uphold the name of the business and handled the funeral with the upmost respectResponse on behalf of J Hylton & Sons Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.