The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation service is our lowest cost option, providing a simple and dignified cremation without friends or family present.
When you choose the Direct Cremation service, we will take your loved one into our care, treating them with the utmost diligence and respect at all times. There will be no service, allowing family and friends to remember your loved one in their own way. We will then conduct a cremation without family and friends present, but overseen by one of our professional attendants.
Golborne Direct Cremation Costs
We will talk you through the Direct Cremation, ensuring the arrangements meet with your approval, and work to put everything in place, including the documentation and external payments, allowing the cremation to go ahead. The total estimated cost includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings.
The high standards of care we offer to you is reflected in the care we provide for your loved one, who will be treated with kindness and absolute respect at all times.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
Our Direct Cremation costs include necessary doctor's fees and the cost of cremation.
- Direct Cremation£950
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- (Includes cost of cremation)
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£950
The Direct Cremation at a Glance:
- We will bring your loved one into our care, where they will rest in climate-controlled facilities, using specialist vehicles and equipment during normal working hours
- We will dress your loved one in a gown that we will provide and will follow any instructions given regarding their hair, makeup and other personal effects
- Your loved one will be rest in a basic coffin with linings and fittings. You can choose from our wide range of alternative coffins and caskets for an additional cost
- Your funeral arranger will be on hand to support and guide you through every step of the process in our funeral home during regular opening hours
- We will liaise with necessary third parties and manage all documentation and external payments required for your loved one’s funeral to legally go ahead
- Our team will create a complimentary online Funeral Notice, commemorating the life of your loved one
- A specialised funeral vehicle will transport your loved one directly to the crematorium, where one of our specialist attendants will oversee the cremation
- Our embalming service isn’t available with the Direct Cremation
- You will not be able to visit your loved one before the cremation
- There will be no service or ceremony for mourners to attend
- The cremation will take place at a local crematorium of our choosing and there will be no flexibility with time, date or location
Some Important Things to Consider
- Chapel ServiceA funeral using our specialist service venue, followed by an unattended cremation at a Dignity-selected crematoriumFind out more
- Crematorium ServiceA cremation at one of our selected local crematoria and a service at the crematorium at 9am weekdays for up to 20 mourners.Find out more
- Simple FuneralA complete funeral service at a lower cost, arranged and conducted by our expert team.Find out more
- Full Service FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert team in accordance with your exact wishes.Find out more
Find out more about a Direct Cremation and what it entails:
The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation funeral provides a cremation for your loved one, without the attended service. There are no mourners, hearses or limousines, and no ceremony, allowing you to hold a remembrance or memorial service at a location of your own choosing, if you so wish.
Your loved one will still receive the highest standard of care within our premium facilities, and our professional arranger will be here to support you and ensure everything is in place to allow the Direct Cremation to go ahead. This will take place at a crematorium selected by ourselves, with no family or friends in attendance, and a basic, lined coffin is provided.
To arrange a Direct Cremation for your loved one, speak to a funeral professional at our Golborne funeral home.
Our Park Coffin
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours.£195
- Removal of pacemaker.POA
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises.£1.90
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
For an additional cost, we can help you commemorate their memory, so that you have the assurance everything is being taken care of at this difficult time.
The table to the right provides an average cost of what is spent on memorials in the UK. To speak to one of our team about these options, call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at Middleton & Wood Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on