The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation service allows you to have a lower cost cremation for your loved one, without a ceremony.
The unattended cremation takes place without mourners at our chosen crematorium, allowing you to have your own remembrance service in a more personal environment, if you so wish.
Golborne Direct Cremation Costs
We will talk you through the Direct Cremation, ensuring the arrangements meet with your approval, and work to put everything in place, including the documentation and external payments, allowing the cremation to go ahead. The total estimated cost includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings.
The high standards of care we offer to you is reflected in the care we provide for your loved one, who will be treated with kindness and absolute respect at all times.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
Our Direct Cremation costs include necessary doctor's fees and the cost of cremation.
- Direct Cremation£950
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- (Includes cost of cremation)
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£950
The Direct Cremation at a Glance:
- Our team of funeral professionals will bring your loved one into our care using specialist vehicles and equipment during normal working hours
- Your loved one will always be treated with the utmost respect and receive continuous attention while in our care, resting in climate controlled mortuary facilities
- Our funeral arranger will support you, providing face-to-face guidance at every stage of the process and liaising with all third parties on your behalf
- All necessary documentation will be prepared, collected and distributed by us, and external payments made so the cremation can legally proceed
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, commemorating the life of your loved one
- Price includes basic coffin, with lining and fittings, which can be upgraded to a coffin or casket from our available range
- A specialised funeral vehicle will transport your loved one directly to the crematorium
- An experienced attendant will supervise the cremation
- There is no service or ceremony for mourners to attend
- Dignity chooses the crematorium and the cremation is unattended
- There is no embalming service offered with The Direct Cremation option
- You will not be able to visit your loved one before the cremation
Some Important Things to Consider
- Chapel ServiceA funeral using our specialist service venue, followed by an unattended cremation at a Dignity-selected crematoriumFind out more
- Crematorium ServiceA cremation at one of our selected local crematoria and a service at the crematorium at 9am weekdays for up to 20 mourners.Find out more
- Simple FuneralA complete funeral service at a lower cost, arranged and conducted by our expert team.Find out more
- Full Service FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert team in accordance with your exact wishes.Find out more
Find out more about a Direct Cremation and what it entails:
The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation funeral provides a cremation for your loved one, without the attended service. There are no mourners, hearses or limousines, and no ceremony, allowing you to hold a remembrance or memorial service at a location of your own choosing, if you so wish.
Your loved one will still receive the highest standard of care within our premium facilities, and our professional arranger will be here to support you and ensure everything is in place to allow the Direct Cremation to go ahead. This will take place at a crematorium selected by ourselves, with no family or friends in attendance, and a basic, lined coffin is provided.
To arrange a Direct Cremation for your loved one, speak to a funeral professional at our Golborne funeral home.
Our Park Coffin
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours.£195
- Removal of pacemaker.POA
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises.£1.90