Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
Ginns & Gutteridge are Leicester funeral directors that have been serving bereaved families in Leicestershire for over 100 years. We conduct dignified and unique funerals that are personal to the bereaved and their loved one who has passed away. We were the first funeral home in Leicester to have a motorised hearse. You can see our history in old pictures and ledgers when you visit us. Our specially equipped facilities provide disabled access, a wash and dress area for those who require it, and catering facilities that can be used for a wake. Please give us a call at any time of the day if you require our help.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0116 251 6117 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressSt Nicholas House 51 Vaughan Way Leicester LE1 4NR GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the branch.
We are close to the High Cross Shopping Centre and a short walk from Cathedral Square.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0116 251 6117 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 10 Reviews
- Rating 5.010 December 2018Quietly efficient service from all those involved. I have written a personal thankyou to the directors.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.06 December 2018Everything was perfect staff were brilliant and so compassionate x was hard losing our mum so was unsure what we needed to do but the staff made it the perfect funeral my mum had the send off she would of been proud of us all. We were all pleased with the service we were given we have done a funeral plan for my dad. Thank you to all involved.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors7 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.028 November 2018Staff were sensitive to our needs, friendly and well informed. Information given was appropriate to our needs and staff allowed us plenty of time to consider the various options available to us. Advice given was helpful and the final check regarding the arrangements was reassuring. On the day of the funeral undertakers managed the entirety of the proceedings perfectly. Thank you all.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors29 November 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.027 November 2018From start to finish their service was excellent. We were guided through every step in arranging my Mothers funeral and all our requests and wishes were carried out accordingly. Everyone involved was kind, caring and sympathetic to our needs.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors28 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.027 November 2018From initial contact, to sorting final arrangements, general advice etc, the staff were both compassionate and sympathetic at all times regarding the sad loss the family were experiencing when speaking to us on the telephone or in person at the family meeting. We were kept informed at every step, which meant so much pressure was taken away from the family at this sad time. The additional service/advice provided by Dignity with the funeral plan has also been most welcome.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors28 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.019 November 2018We were very happy with the service provided by Ginns & Gutteridge in Leicester.
We would like to say a big thank you to Helen for her care and attention whilst making the arrangements for my Mother's funeral.
Thank you.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors20 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that the arrangements for your mother were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.012 November 2018Everything was carried out all according to our wishes along with an abundance of sympathy dignity and respect. Could not fault your services in any way.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors12 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.031 October 2018Helen was very thoughtful and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors31 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.016 October 2018Our family has used Ginns & Gutteridge since the '70s. First class service, as always.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors17 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018Everything was professionally done and all of the staff were sympathetic, friendly, helpful and accommodating throughout. Thank you.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.