Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors. We have been helping the Loughborough community arrange dignified funerals since 1993 and the wider Leicestershire community since 1855. Located on Ashby Road, our funeral home is easily accessible to families in areas including Dishley, Thorpe and Shelthorpe. Our belief is that a funeral service should be a reflection of the life of your loved one. We promise to work closely with you, listen carefully to your requests and help you every step of the way. As your local funeral director in Loughborough, it is out honour to help you and your family arrange a memorable funeral for your loved one. We have experience planning all kinds of funerals, from religious and non-religious ceremonies, to woodland burials and other contemporary services. We are here for you 24 hours a day. So please give us a call as soon as you need us, whether it is for our advice or support. We are here to help you. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01509 238912 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address75 Ashby Road Loughborough LE11 3AA GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the rear of our funeral home.
We are located on the corner of Ashby Road and Regent Street.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01509 238912 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 6 Reviews
- Rating 5.011 December 2018From the moment the staff came to take dads body away , to droping the family at the Ceders for refreshments. They were careing, very professional and provided us with personalised sendoff we requested. We have had alot of friends say that the service was lovely and a good celebration of dads life. Rip dad. Xx.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors12 December 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.08 November 2018Very professional and understandingResponse on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors8 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.06 November 2018Very professional team at Loughborough Branch. Scott was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. He made a traumatic situation much, much easier to cope with. Everything that was needed was dealt with and more besides. The branch, that I had contracted were very sympathetic and I could not have wished for a better organisation and I recommend their services to whoever needs funeral directors.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.011 October 2018I dealt entirley with the same person throughout the process and this was important to me. From my very first conversation with Scott I felt listened to and respected. Things were complicated by the distance between the funeral directors and my location (the location of my mums passing) Everything explained thoroughly and even trivial questions that I am sure I asked dealt with as if they were the most important questions ever. On the day of the funeral, although it was obviously very emotional, Scott and the team were amazing. Everything happened at our pace and with the greatest of care and respect. Everything was delivered as we had asked and I was pleased that mum got the funeral that she deserved and I was able to respect her wishes.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018we were very well looked after from the very beginning. the staff were very sympathetic and most helpful in making all the arrangements. on the day of the funeral the staff were so reassuring it made our day so much easier not having to worry about who was doing what. they carried out our wishes to the letter. I cannot thank them enough nothing was too much trouble for them they were very attentive and we were never rushed in anyway. excellent service.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors2 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had and that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.026 September 2018Excellent service provided right from day one to final invoicing and follow up. Scott & his team at Loughborough really provided careful & sensitive service that whole of our family members were very pleased. We would recommend then all our friends & family members.
From Atul Patel & all family members ( on behalf of our late Mum)Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors26 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.