Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
J W Emberson Funeral Directors have been supporting the local community in Grimsby for many years. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of funeral care to every family that we work with. We understand the importance of arranging a perfect farewell for your loved one, so that you and your family can celebrate their life in a meaningful way. By working closely with our ties in Lincolnshire, we are able to arrange all kinds of funerals. Whatever you feel is most fitting for your loved one, we will be able to help make it happen. From woodland burials, to traditional ceremonies, we are here to ensure your loved one's funeral service is just as you want it to be. We are always here to help you. You can reach us 24 hours a day by telephone, whether you need advice and guidance, or someone to talk to. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01472 250074 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At J W Emberson Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address81-83 Macaulay Street Grimsby DN31 2DS GB
Parking and Directions
There is free on-street parking available.
Please call us before your visit if you require further help with directions.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01472 250074 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 5 Reviews
- Rating 5.029 October 2018Services were provided with total professionalism and dignity throughout. Support and advice given throughout this emotional and raw stage. Thank you.
David BResponse on behalf of J W Emberson Funeral Directors29 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018I was looked after by Darren Mitchell in Grimsby what an absolute gentlemen from the beginning to the absolute end can't thank you and all you're team for how we where looked after US at one the most difficult times in our lives.Response on behalf of J W Emberson Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.022 October 2018We thought the service provided by Embersons was excellent.Response on behalf of J W Emberson Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.022 October 2018I would just like to thank Darren and his team for their professional and caring service provided in respect of my brothers funeral.I can not praise them more highly from start to finish and would thoroughly recommend them. Kind regards DeniseResponse on behalf of J W Emberson Funeral Directors22 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.016 October 2018Kerry was very helpful and went out his way to help us
We could not thank him and his team enoughResponse on behalf of J W Emberson Funeral Directors16 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time.