The Tailored Funeral
When you choose our Tailored Funeral, we will help you to arrange a fully personalised service for your loved one, followed by either an attended cremation or burial.
You will be able to meet our expert funeral directors to discuss your wishes in any location and at any time that suits you – this could be over the phone, in your own home or at our funeral home. We will be able to arrange any alternative extras you may desire, such as reception into your home or a place of worship, alternatives to the traditional hearse or a personalised procession route.
Whatever your wishes, you can rest assured that we will guide you through every step of the process, helping to create a funeral that fittingly commemorates your loved one.
Clapton Tailored Funeral Costs
With The Tailored Funeral the choices are up to you, so you can have as little or as much input on the arrangements as you wish. Whether you want a traditional service, or you have your mind set on something a little more unique, such as a colourful celebration of your loved one's life, perhaps with an alternative or customised hearse, our team will use their expertise to make it happen.
While in our care, your loved one will always be treated with respect and continually attended to, as they rest in our climate-controlled mortuary. They will be dressed in the clothing of your choice, or, if you prefer, a simple gown, and you can visit them in our private chapel of rest at an agreed time.
The total estimated cost includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. However, for an additional cost, you can choose an alternative from our range of coffins and caskets.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
Estimated costs shown are for cremation only. Please call us if you would like to discuss a burial.
- Tailored Funeral£2,995
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- Plus estimated third party costs for cost of cremation, doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister£1,160
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£4,155
The Tailored Funeral at a Glance:
- We will help you to arrange a service that can be tailored to your exact needs and preferences, followed by an attended cremation or burial
- You will be able to arrange the funeral at any time and in any location that suits you, whether that’s over the phone, in your own home or at our funeral home
- We will use specialist vehicles to bring your loved one into our care, where they will then rest in temperature-controlled facilities
- Depending on your preferences, we will dress your loved one in their own clothes or a basic gown that we can provide
- You can visit your loved one in our chapel of rest at any time. Viewings are free during our regular opening hours and (for an extra cost) we can arrange visits out of hours
- We will take care of everything needed for the funeral to legally proceed. This includes liaising with necessary third parties and managing external payments
- Our team will create a complimentary online Funeral Notice to commemorate the life of your loved one and let family and friends know further details of the service
- The price of the funeral includes a basic coffin with linings and fittings. We have a further range of coffins and caskets that you can choose from for an additional cost
- We are also able to help with the arrangement of everything from funeral flowers to service stationery, obituaries and more
- We will arrange for your loved one to be transported to the service in a hearse. For an extra cost, we can arrange alternative options, such as a horse and carriage
- Chapel ServiceA funeral using our specialist service venue, followed by an unattended cremation at a Dignity-selected crematoriumFind out more
- Direct CremationA simple, yet dignified cremation, without a service or mourners.Find out more
- Crematorium ServiceA cremation at one of our selected local crematoria and a service at the crematorium at 9am weekdays for up to 20 mourners.Find out more
- Simple FuneralA complete funeral service at a lower cost, arranged and conducted by our expert team.Find out more
Find out more about our Tailored Funeral and what it entails:
Our Tailored Funeral Service allows you to choose how you remember the life of your loved one. However you want to say goodbye, we will work together with you to ensure that, on the day, your wishes are met.
The team at our Clapton funeral home will handle all of the arrangements, while providing the highest standard of care to your loved one, so that you can be sure that on the date of your choice, everything will run smoothly.
To arrange a Tailored Funeral service for your loved one, speak to a funeral arranger or director at our Clapton funeral home.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
We will provide one of our chauffeur-driven hearses to carry the coffin to the funeral service, crematorium or place of committal. Depending upon the type of service you choose, we can personalise the route of this final journey to take in locations that, during life, may have had a specific meaning to your loved one.
A motorised hearse is included in the price of the funeral, but we also have the capacity, at an additional cost, to offer horse-drawn hearses, along with a range of alternative carriages. Popular choices include campervans, motorcycles and fire engines. To find out more, speak to one of the team at G R Moss & Co Funeral Directors.
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our Clapton funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Our Embalming Service£150
- Our Limousines£250
- Removal of pacemaker.POA
- Unlimited chapel visits.£125
- Reception into home or place of worship during normal office hours.£225
- Funeral service at separate location prior to committal.£295
- Conducting the funeral service outside of normal office hours, including bank holidays and weekends.£595
- Hearse for floral tributes.£340
- Horse drawn hearse.POA
- Funeral procession.£100
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises.£2.20
- Delivery of ashes within a 20 mile radius of our premises.£50
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises.£0.50 (per mile)
- Attendance of a funeral director for burial of ashes.£95
- Wooden grave marker.£94
- Removal and replacement of headstone and base.from £255
- Removal of memorial from cemetery into storage.from £320
- Removal and replacement of traditional memorial.from £320
- Additional time charge for vehicle.per hour £90
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Tailored Funeral to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Although our prices include all that we do to ensure you and your loved one receive the greatest of care, there are also third party costs, which are supplementary to the overall price.
Known as disbursements, these may include fees that are payable to the crematorium, the doctor and to the minister or celebrant. The payment of these external costs will be managed by us, along with the coordination of all the documents required to legally allow your loved one's funeral to proceed. Details of the third party costs are included upon your invoice.
Select a tab to find out more about some common disbursements. For information regarding the third party costs for a burial, call us on
Example Third Party Costs
- Crematorium Cost£798
- Doctors Fees£164
- Minister Fee£198
- Total essential third party costs£1,160
There are occasions when the two certificates are not needed, for instance if a coroner has reviewed the circumstances of your loved one's passing, but most of the time they are a legal requirement.
Although the doctor's fees are not included in the price, we will arrange for the payment of this third party cost, along with ensuring the documentation is present and correct, as part of our service to you.
Minister or Celebrant
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
We can help arrange a wide variety of additional services to fully tailor your loved one’s funeral to your personal needs and preferences.
For an additional cost, our expert funeral directors will be able to arrange alterations or extras you may have in mind for the funeral. To give you an idea of how much this could come to, we’ve created a table highlighting the most popular optional costs, alongside the average sum spent on these services in the UK.
We are also able to offer further additional services, so if you have something in mind that isn’t listed in the table, please contact a member of our team on
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2020
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at G R Moss & Co Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Clapton funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on