The Chapel Service
When you choose the Chapel Service, our expert Funeral Directors will help arrange a one-hour service in one of our chapels. We will then conduct an unattended cremation with the highest levels of care.
Our chapels offer a peaceful setting where family and friends can remember and celebrate the life of your loved one. Once the ceremony is over, the cremation will take place without family or friends present. The cremation will be carried out with dignity and respect, overseen by one of our professional attendants.
Our Service to You
While in our care, both you and your loved one will be treated with kindness and respect. Using our experience, we will offer guidance to ensure you make the decisions that are right for you regarding the funeral. With those decisions made, we will take responsibility for ensuring all aspects are taken care of. From the necessary documentation to allow The Chapel Service and unattended cremation to go ahead, to arranging the third party payments.
We pride ourselves on the attention to detail and the highest standards of service that we provide, and are ready to ensure your loved one's funeral is a fitting send off.
The the estimated total cost of The Chapel Service includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. We have a wide choice of alternative coffin and casket options that are available for an additional cost.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
Our Chapel Service costs include necessary doctor's fees and the cost of cremation.
- Chapel Service£1,350
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- Plus estimated third party costs for attendance of a celebrant or minister£199
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£1,549
The Chapel Service at a Glance:
- We will bring your loved one into our care, using specialist vehicles and equipment, where they will then rest in a climate-controlled mortuary
- We will dress your loved one in a suitable basic gown and follow any instructions regarding hair and makeup
- Your funeral arranger will guide you through the planning process, step by step, offering support every step of the way
- They will also liaise with all necessary third parties and manage all documentation and external payments on your behalf
- We will create a complimentary online Funeral Notice, celebrating the life of your loved one and providing details of the service
- Your loved one will be transported to the crematorium with dignity and respect in a specialised funeral vehicle
- For an additional cost, you can choose from our wide range of urns and caskets for your loved one’s ashes
- We also provide the additional option of memorials for your loved one. Please speak to a member of the team for information on memorial pricing
- If you wish to have your loved one’s ashes interred, we can also arrange this. Again, please contact us for further information on pricing
- There will be no embalming service offered
- You will not be able to visit your loved one before the cremation
- We will only be able to host the service at our chosen chapel
- There will be limited flexibility on the date and time of the service; the service will take place at our chapel as soon as possible
- The cremation will be unattended and will take place at one of our selected local crematoriums at a later date
Some Important Things to Consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- Crematorium ServiceA cremation at one of our selected local crematoria and a service at the crematorium at 9am weekdays for up to 20 mourners.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
Find out more about The Chapel Service and what it entails:
The Chapel at our Leytonstone funeral home offers a peaceful and appropriately furnished space in which to remember your loved one. Here, among family and friends, you can pay your respects and celebrate the life that has passed, in an hour long service presided over by a minister or celebrant.
If you wish to hold your loved one's funeral service in our purpose-built Chapel, speak to a funeral arranger or director at our Leytonstone funeral home.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
If required, we can arrange for a single limousine to collect mourners from a single location to attend the chapel. We will then return you to the same location.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our Leytonstone funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours£195
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises£2.25
- Removal of pacemakerPOA
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Chapel Service to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Minister or Celebrant
We will manage the payment of this third party cost, as well as handling the relevant documentation, ensuring the funeral can go ahead.
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
Details of this third party cost will be included upon your invoice. For further information, call us on
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
For an additional cost, we can help to arrange alternative coffins, a limousine, service stationery, funeral flowers, an obituary and more.
We’ve created a table to show some examples of popular additional services, along with the average* sum spent on each in the UK. If you’d like any further information on these services and pricing, please call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at C Selby & Son Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Leytonstone funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on