Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors, your local funeral care provider in Long Eaton. Located in Market place we are easily accessible to our local families and those in Chilwell, Toton, Wilsthorpe Meadows and Sawley. We even welcome families from across the river in Barton, Thrumpton and beyond. We have been helping the people of Leicestershire for over 100 years and are now honoured to have the opportunity to help the people of Derbyshire too. The families that surround us, trust us to take care of their loved one and provide a funeral service that resonates with the memory of their loved one. You can read the reviews left by some families here. We understand how difficult this time can be, which is why we want to ease your concerns and help arrange a funeral exactly the way you want to. However you wish to say goodbye to your loved one, we will arrange it, whether that is a cremation, a religious funeral or a contemporary service. We will take care of all the persoanl touches, like the flowers, cortege route and even donations, should you want to set one up. We are here for you, whenever you may need us. You can call us at any time, day or night, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0115 946 1905 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address16 Market Place Long Eaton NG10 1LT GB
Parking and Directions
There is parking available behind the funeral home on Union Street. Due to limited space pre booking is advisable. Additional paid parking is available at Tesco or town centre.
We are opposite large Tesco Extra with our frontage positioned on Market Place.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0115 946 1905 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 4 Reviews
- Rating 5.014 November 2018Excellent Service. Caring Staff.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors15 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.02 November 2018Sympathetic, understanding and very helpful in planning the funeral, taking account of our wishes and needs. Staff at the local office were kind, unobtrusive, efficient and ensured that everything went smoothly on the day. Overall, I felt we received an exellent service.Response on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors5 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018My Grandfather pre-arranged his funeral with Ginns & Gutteridge and when the time came the service that we received was excellent. The staff ensured that my Grandfathers wishes were fully carried out and we are very thankful for all the care and consideration that was given. I would definitely recommend Ginns & GutteridgeResponse on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors26 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your Grandfathers wishes and requirements were carried out as requested.
- Rating 5.018 October 2018Excellent service very caring nothing was to much troubleResponse on behalf of Ginns & Gutteridge Funeral Directors19 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by the team and that that we provided the highest level of care to you at this difficult time.