Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are S & R Childs in Abingdon, and we have been serving families in our Oxford community since 1997. We continually strive to set the bar in funeral services, care and facilities, because we understand how important it is to get things right when it comes to saying farewell to those we love. We can tailor every detail of your loved one's funeral to be as you wish. We have a distinguished Daimler fleet, with every vehicle kept to immaculate standards, however we can arrange for an alternative type of travel for the service if you wish, such as a horse drawn carriage. Please get in touch at any time; we are here for you 24 hours a day.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01235 520808 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At S & R Childs Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address81 Ock Street Abingdon OX14 5AG GB
Parking and Directions
You can park for free to the rear of our funeral home.
You can find us on the corner of Ock Street and Conduit Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01235 520808 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 16:30|
|Tue||08:30 - 16:30|
|Wed||08:30 - 16:30|
|Thu||08:30 - 16:30|
|Fri||08:30 - 16:30|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 7 Reviews
- Rating 5.06 November 2018From the time s&r childs picked my nan up from home everyone couldn’t have done more from start to finish they were fantastic everything that was asked was delt with there kindness and thoughtfulness help deal with the lose of my nan because they caredResponse on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors6 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.05 November 2018cant Thank you enough for all the support recieved.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.07 September 2018Everything was handled perfectly from the first contact to the collection of the ashes. All staff managed the process in a very compassionate way. The vicar also delivered a very personal funeral service. The whole day went extremely smoothly allowing me to concentrate on the occasion and everyone who came to pay their respects.
Thank you so much.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors10 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.017 August 2018considering what was a very demanding day, Shirly Anne was the complete professional and remained calm throughout from the time we were picked up at our house until after the service she was faultless 10/10Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors20 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time
- Rating 5.012 August 2018Shirley-anne at the Abingdon branch could not of been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble and she went above and beyond for my family during this difficult time. I would highly recommend S&R Child'sResponse on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors13 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am happy to hear that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had.
- Rating 5.029 July 2018Throughout the whole process of arranging my Mum's funeral we were given the highest level of support and empathy by Shirleyann, this meant a lot to myself and my family at such a difficult and hard time after the sudden death of my Mum. Nothing was too much for Shirleyann, she couldn't do enough for us, she really made this most difficult task a lot easier for us.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors30 July 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.019 July 2018Sherley Ann was five star all the way through the process, she took all the worry away.
Thank youResponse on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors20 July 2018Thank you for the kind comments on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to guide and support you through this difficult time. Client Care Team