Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are S & R Childs Funeral Directors in Headington. We are here to arrange a personal and unique farewell for your loved one that will celebrate their life in a way that is special to you and your family. We cater for all kinds of funerals; no matter what faith or culture, we will always be able to help you. If you think an alternative style of funeral is most fitting, then you can put your trust in our dedicated team to make arrangements, for example, with a woodland or green burial. It is a privilege to serve our cherished community with expertise and uncompromising compassion, because we want nothing more than to help local families when they need it most. We are Dignity funeral directors, which means you can expect impeccable standards for our funeral services, care and facilities. We are here for you, no matter what. Please give us a call at any hour, day or night. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01865 427272 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At S & R Childs Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressPharmacy House 69 London Road Headington OX3 9AA GB
Parking and Directions
There is a car park at the rear of our funeral home which you can use free of charge.
We are on the junction of London Road and Osler Road. We are located opposite the Royal Standard pub.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01865 427272 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 8 Reviews
- Rating 5.04 December 2018The staff were very professional and provided a helpful service with care and respect.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors5 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.028 November 2018Excellent service, kindness and compassion shown throughout. At a time when you are in shock and very upset, it was wonderful to receive such support. Cliff was a real tower of strength. He gave us superb service, and was so kind and understanding. He made everything seamless He reassured us that he would take care of everything - and he did. He was supportive, helpful and very patient. He dealt with everything superbly, and ensured that all our dear friend's wishes were fulfilled. Nothing phased him, and he sorted everything out perfectly. He gave us brilliant customer service, and dealt with everything expediently and professionally - a tough thing to do at a time when his customers are bereaved and so upset. He liaised with the church and crematorium for us. He has a lovely nature, a great manner, and an ability to make everyone feel special. Cliff treats people with respect and dignity, and makes time for them. We cannot thank him enough, and recommend your company wholeheartedly.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors29 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.09 November 2018The service we received was courteous, kind and efficient. Staff were flexible and sensitive in their dealings with us at a very difficult time.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors9 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.023 October 2018My family would like to thank SR Child’s of Headington for their very professional manner from the first contact, when our mum past away, right through to collecting her ashes. We would highly recommended their services.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors24 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed.
- Rating 5.019 September 2018Great and very quick service. No hassle at all. Very well organised and perfect time sense. Thanks a lot Cliff.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors20 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.019 September 2018Every thing was done with tact and care hitting just the right balance, not too gloomy with gentle humour added at the right moment. Cliff was fantastic, making sure that everything ran smoothly and exactly as we had requested. It meant that I was able to concentrate on saying farewell to my father in just the right way. The service they provided could not have been better.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors19 September 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that our team provided the highest level of care and guidance at this difficult time, and that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.018 August 2018I found the director to be very helpful and curteousResponse on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors20 August 2018We have received your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.013 August 2018The staff were very efficient and dealt with our request sympathetically regarding our Father.
The on,y disappointment was with the floral tribute which we wanted to take to the local Church in Ambrosden but as the flowers has begun to wilt and the littlest turned brown in two days, this was not able to be carried out.Response on behalf of S & R Childs Funeral Directors13 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad the branch were able to provide you with the support needed at this difficult time. We always aim to provide the highest level of care to our families and your comments will be taken on board.