Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are S & R Childs inc. R L Bromley & Son Funeral Directors in Rose Hill, Oxford. Our sole duty is to help you and your family through this difficult time. It is our belief that every life is unique and funerals are no different, which is why we will ensure your loved one’s funeral is bespoke and personal. By choosing S & R Childs Funeral Directors, you are guaranteed to receive nothing but the best standard of funeral care. We have over 20 years of experience; where we have served the whole of Oxfordshire from our seven funeral homes since 1997. For your convenience, our other six funeral homes are in Botley, Headington, Cowley, Abingdon, Kidlington and Witney. We are here to cater for your every need and ensure your loved one’s farewell is a reflection of their life. You can choose every aspect of their funeral, whether you want something completely tailored or simple just like the basic features such as the music, hearse or floral tribute. All you have to do is tell us and we will do our best to fulfil your wishes. Throughout the years, we have conducted funerals of all kinds, so no matter if you are religious or not, we will organise a fitting farewell. Our funeral home is based on Courtland Road, the first building as you turn off Rose Hill. We are easily accessible from the surrounding areas of Iffley, Kennington, Sandford on Thames, Littlemore, Minchery Farm Cowley and Florence Park. You are our number one priority; we are for you every step of the way. You can call us at any time, day or night; we are your friend when you are in need. We can give you advice or answer questions you may have. Do not hesitate to call us. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01865 772780 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At S & R Childs inc. R L Bromley & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address1 Courtland Road Rose Hill OX4 4HZ GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on surrounding streets.
We are close to Rose Hill Methodist Church and the Littlemore roundabout off the Eastern Bypass, A4142.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01865 772780 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 16:30|
|Tue||08:30 - 16:30|
|Wed||08:30 - 16:30|
|Thu||08:30 - 16:30|
|Fri||08:30 - 16:30|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.026 November 2018Great service, thank you Barry and Jane.Response on behalf of S & R Childs inc. R L Bromley & Son Funeral Directors27 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.06 October 2018My sister and I were so impressed by the thoughtfulness, care and respect shown by all the staff at S & R Childs. From the first meeting to the remembrance we held for our Mother ourselves.
Everyone was very helpful.
Tina CResponse on behalf of S & R Childs inc. R L Bromley & Son Funeral Directors8 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.09 September 2018All the staff we dealt with at Rose Hill were friendly and understanding. Nothing was too much trouble and they made a very difficult time more bearable. Thank you all so much for your support, it was very much appreciated.Response on behalf of S & R Childs inc. R L Bromley & Son Funeral Directors10 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time.