Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors in Witney. We have been supporting the families in our Oxfordshire community since 1997, before becoming Dignity funeral directors in 2012. We are here to make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family, by giving you our uncompromising compassion, and arranging a funeral service that will pay tribute to the life of your loved one. We will tailor every detail to be just as you want it, because we understand that life with the ones we love is deeply personal, so the funeral we arrange can reflect this. You are not alone, so please give us a call at any time and we will be here for you.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01993 702675 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address81 High Street Witney OX28 6HY GB
Parking and Directions
You can park for free at Waitrose on Witan Way for two hours, or there is a pay & display car park on Marriot Walk. We can reserve one space.
We are located on the corner of Gloucester Place and the High Street.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01993 702675 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 16:30|
|Tue||08:30 - 16:30|
|Wed||08:30 - 16:30|
|Thu||08:30 - 16:30|
|Fri||08:30 - 16:30|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 5 Reviews
- Rating 5.05 November 2018Excellent service and attention to detailResponse on behalf of S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors5 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 November 2018Helpful. Respectful. Sensitive. Responsive.
Helen BoolsResponse on behalf of S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors5 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.01 November 2018On the whole the services for both my Father and Mother have been top class. You get a very professional service from staff at all levels, from pre funeral meeting, contacting staff at Witney and the staff at the funeral itself. All were excellent from start to finish. We had a minor issue about the flowers after the funeral, but it was very quickly sorted out to our satisfaction. I should also add a big thank you to the Celebrant Sarah, who led the service for use on both occasions and was top class as well.Response on behalf of S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors1 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.031 August 2018Simon guided us through a very difficult and sensitive time with great caring and attention to detail. I cannot speak highly enough of his services, we could not have had better care anywhere.Response on behalf of S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors3 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.030 August 2018At a very sad time we were treated with kindness, friendly faces and professionalism. We were helped through all the necessary arrangements needed with efficiency and compassion and felt reassured that our Mothers funeral would go as planned. We were not disappointed on the day as Simon quietly and efficiently ensured that the day went smoothly, following our plans and giving our Mother the send off we had wished for. Indeed all staff were excellent and professional and I certainly recommend this firm.Response on behalf of S & R Childs inc. Fisher & Townsend Funeral Directors31 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.