Closed - Leonard E Smith Funeral Directors, Taunton
Our Taunton funeral home
Ensuring everything is in place for a dignified send off, the team at our Taunton funeral home will provide you with guidance and advice, so that however you want to remember your loved one, your wishes will be met. Our expertise and absolute professionalism at all times means you will receive compassionate care from an experienced team with a comprehensive background in providing funeral services to the town.
Our funeral directors in Taunton can be found on Magdalene Lane, from where we serve the local community, along with families from the surrounding Somerset area. Bishop's Hull, Norton Fitzwarren and Ruishton are just three of the local villages we also provide funeral care to.
Give us a call whenever you feel ready. You can contact our team of funeral directors in Taunton on 01823 272122, or visit us at a funeral home. We are here to support you.
What we offer
- Guidance through every step of the arrangement process, from our caring team in Taunton
- A funeral that meets you and your family's needs
- Local knowledge of Taunton and its surrounding villages
- A cremation or burial service dependent upon your personal preference
- Funeral arrangements to suit all faiths, beliefs and cultures
- Visiting your loved one in our chapel of rest
- Hearses and other funeral vehicles, including bespoke options if required
- Funeral tributes, along with headstones and other memorials
- A selection of prepaid funeral plans
These are some of the types of funeral you can have in Taunton:
- A burial – Held in a cemetery or churchyard, following a service, your loved one is interred in the ground and their final resting place usually marked with a headstone
- A cremation – A cremation would take place at Taunton Deane Crematorium and Cemetery, where your loved one would be remembered in a service beforehand, either at the site itself or at a separate location, such as a church or other place of worship
- A woodland burial – An eco-friendly option, the interment takes place in a natural burial ground, such as a meadow or wood, allotted specifically for the purpose. Our nearest location for a green funeral is Fevin Nature Reserve Burial Site in nearby Somerton
- A humanist funeral – The humanist funeral refrains from any religious connotation and is usually conducted by a humanist celebrant. As no place of worship is involved, they usually take place at a cemetery, crematorium or woodland burial site
- A direct cremation – Unlike a regular cremation, a direct cremation is unattended and usually at a lower cost. The standard of care provided, however, will be the same
- A bespoke funeral – A truly unique send off, which avoids convention and can be as colourful or unusual as you choose, right down to the vehicle used to convey the coffin.
Funeral Services with distinction
We are honoured to be a part of this town, living and working alongside the families we serve. It is our local grounding that enables us to offer high quality funeral services, along with support, complemented by both our knowledge of Taunton and funeral expertise.
Our funeral services
View our Standardised Price List, Additional Options Price List and Crematoria Price List.
The Unattended FuneralWe will help you arrange a simple funeral consisting of a direct cremation without mourners present.Our Unattended Funeral allows friends and family to commemorate your loved one in their own way. Our expert funeral directors will provide all necessary care, while offering advice and support every step of the way. A cremation will then be carried out without mourners present, overseen by one of our qualified attendants.Find out more
The Unattended FuneralWe will help you arrange a simple funeral consisting of a direct cremation without mourners present.From£995(Includes cost of cremation).(Includes cost of cremation).Our Unattended Funeral allows friends and family to commemorate your loved one in their own way. Our expert funeral directors will provide all necessary care, while offering advice and support every step of the way. A cremation will then be carried out without mourners present, overseen by one of our qualified attendants.
The Attended FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert teams in accordance with your exact wishes.Our expert team will take care of your loved one with the utmost dignity and respect, while we help arrange a personalised funeral with any additional services you wish.Find out more
The Attended FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert teams in accordance with your exact wishes.From£1,695plus £1,170 estimated third party costs for cost of cremation, doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister.plus £1,170 estimated third party costs for cost of cremation, doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister.
Where to find us
Directions and Parking
Please call us before your visit and we will advise you on parking.
Funeral Home Opening Times
|Day of the Week||Hours|
24 Hour Availability
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone diesThis guide explains what needs to be done following the passing of a loved one. The step-by-step process lets you know what's required and who to notify.Find out more
Planning a funeralPlanning a funeral can be an emotional task, which is why the team at Leonard E Smith is on hand to help you out. You can find out more about ensuring your loved one has a personal and unique send off, with this guide.Find out more
The day of the funeralYou may not know what to expect on the day of the funeral, so this guides offers a comprehensive look at how it will proceed. When the day does come, you will be supported by our funeral director throughout.Find out more
Frequently asked questions
When someone dies, the first steps will depend on how and where the person passed away. Our step-by-step guides will walk you through the practical steps. For additional support and personal advice, please get in touch with us.
You don't have to make an appointment at our funeral homes. However, doing so will ensure that someone can be available to cater to your needs. When arranging a funeral, our Funeral Directors are happy to visit you in your own home, if required.
Third party funeral costs are additional charges which we will manage for you and attach to your single invoice. Get in touch with us to confirm costs and plan a funeral to fit your budget.
If you choose to arrange the funeral with us, you will be given the option of a complimentary Funeral Notice. We will set it up for you using the details discussed during the arrangements. All we need is an email address.
Dignity Funeral Plans let you pay for your funeral in advance and at today's price. It's a way of taking control of the unexpected, setting out the arrangements and limiting the costs by paying for the services included in the funeral plan upfront.
Read the reviews of Closed - Leonard E Smith Funeral Directors in Taunton
They did everything to make me feel at ease.
Together we were able to arrange everything, I couldn't thank them enough.
Everybody said how lovely the service was.
Thank you to all the staff for making things easy for me at this sad time .
What could have been an ordeal, and a challenge, turned out to be seamlessly straight-forward. Nothing seemed too much trouble.