Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
G M Charlesworth & Son Funeral Directors in Barnsley are funeral professionals providing uncompromising compassion and the highest standards of funeral care, services and facilities. We work closely with our local community of Wombwell, helping every family arrange the perfect farewell for their loved one. We can arrange all kinds of funerals, from religious and non-religious ceremonies to woodland burials, colourful celebrations and cremations. Whatever you feel would be most fitting for your loved one, we will be able to help. We will ensure every detail is just as you want it, doing everything we can to make things easier for you and your family. We want you to know that we are here for you, to give you our full support and any advice or guidance to need. You can get in touch with us 24 hours a day, whenever you need us most. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01226 753208 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At G M Charlesworth & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address54 Barnsley Rd Wombwell Barnsley S73 8DJ GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on surrounding streets.
Please call us before your visit if you require further help with directions.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01226 753208 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.07 December 2018I would like to thank everyone at charlesworths for the way they dealt with my father's funeral
it was done with great respect and dignity they really put the family at ease
the ministers service was reassuring and done in a calm manner that everyone enjoyed
I cannot thank you all enough
mrs m percivalResponse on behalf of G M Charlesworth & Son Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.013 November 2018From beginning to end my mother was looked after with great dignity and professionalism. The company kept me informed of what was happening at every stage of the process. We have a big family and lots of people wanted to visit my mother in the Chapel of rest before her cremation, the staff were more than happy to help everyone who visited and made them all feel at ease. Two of my nephews wanted to be bearers and were allowed without any problem. There were two other bearers on standby just in case they didn't feel like it on the day. The company arranged for a funeral celebrant to visit me and due to family commitments we asked for a late meeting and he came at 7pm which was perfect for our needs. The celebrant provided a lovely service and listened to everything we had to say about mum she would have appreciated it. The bearers walked in front of the hearse until we got to the main road and bowed before he entered the car. I hope we don't have to use this company again for quite a while but will certainly use them again in the future and thank them all for the dignity and care they provided for my mother.Response on behalf of G M Charlesworth & Son Funeral Directors13 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time to ensure that all of your needs and wishes were looked after.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018Charlesworth's were great from start to finish as they took away a potentially stressful element from a very difficult time. No request was too much, communication was clear and arrangements were organised efficiently and Kirstine and Paul were both compassionate and understanding without ever being patronising.Response on behalf of G M Charlesworth & Son Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had.