Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
F M & J Wait Funeral Directors have served the community of Lichfield for over 200 years, through five generations of the Wait family. We are here to help you to arrange the perfect farewell for your loved one, ensuring a funeral service that is exactly as you want it to be. Our funeral professionals are dedicated to makings things a little bit easier for you during a difficult time, and they are on hand to give you any advice or guidance you might need. Our funeral home is situated in a grade two listed building, originally built with ship's timber, complete with Stoke porcelain signage, and the interior is tastefully decorated, to help you feel at ease when you visit us. Whenever you need us most, we will never be more than a phone call away. We are always here to offer you our full support. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01543 263138 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At F M & J Wait Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address25 Bird Street Lichfield WS13 6PW GB
Parking and Directions
There is parking at the rear on Sandford Street (WS13 6QA) with public parking off Bird Street.
We are a short walk from the George Hotel and the Kings Head public house.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01543 263138 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 7 Reviews
- Rating 5.05 December 2018The service we received was excellent. Everything was dealt with with great care and patience. Wendy particularly had just the right level of care with a bit of humour which made a difficult situation much easier!Response on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.027 November 2018Fantastic serviceResponse on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors28 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.016 November 2018Very Professional serviceResponse on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors20 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.013 November 2018The staff at Waits acted in a thoroughly professional manner during this difficult time and were always available
to answer questions and make changes to the funeral arrangements. The advice we received on our initial visit was invaluable and made the whole process easier and less traumatic.Response on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors14 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.07 November 2018The funeral of my father was coordinated by F M & J Wait of Lichfield. Waits liased with all parties concerned who were located in Leicestershire and the Cotwolds and as part of the Dignity network were able to call upon a local Dignity member close to the church. They handled procedings sensitively and were very thorough with the arrangements and kept us informed.Response on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.019 October 2018From the initial contact through all the proceedings and the funeral service the staff were helpful compassionate and professional.
A credit to the company!Response on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors22 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.025 September 2018From the moment that I had to enter FM & J Wait to inform them of my wife`s passing away, I received nothing but helpful assistance. Nothing was to much trouble in giving both assistance and advice on all and any matters. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and fully understanding in all matters to do with the funeral. On the day of the funeral all the staff were extremely polite and courteous and did everything in their power to ensure everything went to plan. I can not praise all the staff enough for all the assistance that I was givenResponse on behalf of F M & J Wait Funeral Directors26 September 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.