Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
W S Harrison & John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors provide the highest standards of funeral care. We assist the families in our local community of Newcastle upon Tyne by supporting and advising them during a difficult time. By working closely with you, we can ensure that your loved one receives the funeral service that they deserve. Our funeral home has two private chapels of rest which can be used to allow you to spend time with your loved one in the time leading up the funeral. We are also memorial consultants, so we can advise you on the selection of a fitting memorial when you visit us. You can call us at any time that suits you, we are here to help you 24 hours a day. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0191 285 8376 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At W S Harrison & John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address157 Salters Road Gosforth Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 4HJ GB
Parking and Directions
There is parking available on Salters Road, you can get a permit from the funeral home if required.
We are located on the junction of Salters Road and Jubilee Road, Gosforth.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0191 285 8376 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.04 December 2018My experience with Dignity Funerals and all the staff in managing this funeral enabled the service to proceed very smoothly and professionally.
The interest shown by Jerry,Funeral Director, and his helpful suggestions and willingness to execute the wishes of
the deceased person made it possible that the funeral proceeded perfectly.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors5 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.01 November 2018The only thing that needs addressing is that when sorting out prices etc there should be a question as to whether the grave in question that will need to be opened up has a kerb stone in it or not. If it has it adds £400 to the bill to remove it first. This wasn’t asked in our situation and only came to light the day before the burial. This is not a time you need to be told this so it would be easier all around if this was asked at first stage.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors2 November 2018Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that the question relating to the grave having a kerb set was not asked during the funeral arrangements. Your feedback is much appreciated.
- Rating 5.023 October 2018The support, attention to detail and care demonstrated by all has been excellent and helped to ease our pain during this difficult time.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & John Bardgett & Sons Funeral Directors24 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had at this difficult time.