Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors based in Tyne & Wear. We have served the local community of Newcastle Upon Tyne since the 1920s, and we moved to our current funeral home at St. Mark's House on Shields Road in 1984. Our funeral home is equipped with three peaceful chapels of rest for you to spend time with your loved one. Our team of funeral professionals are always here to help you from the moment you need us. We are here to give you advice and guidance, and to support you through this difficult time. We want you to know that you can rely on us, so if you need to talk to us or you want more information, you can call us at any time of the day.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0191 265 5415 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressSt Marks House Shields Road Newcastle Upon Tyne NE6 2UD GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the front of the funeral home.
We are located on Shields Road next to the Newcastle Climbing Centre, we are opposite the Shell Petrol Station.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0191 265 5415 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 17:00|
|Tue||08:30 - 17:00|
|Wed||08:30 - 17:00|
|Thu||08:30 - 17:00|
|Fri||08:30 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 4 Reviews
- Rating 5.09 November 2018From the first phone call to Harrison's informing them of my father's passing I could not ask for a better service. The funeral director who was allocated to me was amazing and called me often to check that me and mam were ok. They are so approachable and have decided to use dignity in future. Can't thank the staff at Harrison's and the Reverend enough for all their hard work and caring approach at such a difficult time.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors9 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your Father were carried out to your satisfaction and that our team were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.01 November 2018W. S. Harrison and Son provided a 5 star service, from start to finish, arranging my mother's recent funeral. Their representatives, especially Michael Burn were courteous, efficient, helpful and compassionate throughout a difficult period for the family. I would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone needing the services of a funeral director.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors2 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your Mother were carried out to your satisfaction and that our team provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.031 October 2018Very helpful from beginning to end everything was taken care of and day of funeral was everything we wantedResponse on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors1 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.026 October 2018Excellent. Sympathetic and efficient. Chris calmly dealt with all our requirements which were unusual and delivered a first class service.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors26 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.