Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
At W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors, we provide our local community with dignified, respectful funeral services. We take pride in helping people celebrate the lives of their loved ones, and will go the extra mile to ensure your loved one recieves a fitting service. We cater for all kinds of funeral services, including both religious and non-religious funerals. We offer a variety of funerals, such as woodland burials. As we are Dignity funerals, you can rest assured in the knowledge that you can depend on us to plan the perfect farewell for your loved one. Please call us as soon as you need our assistance, and we will be here to support you. We are available by telephone 24 hours a day, whenever you need us most. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 0191 252 8779 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address17 Claremont Crescent Whitley Bay NE26 3HL GB
Parking and Directions
Car parking is available at the front of the funeral home within the shopping centre.
We are situated within the Whitley Lodge Shopping Centre, near Tesco and the Kittiwake public house.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 0191 252 8779 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 5 Reviews
- Rating 5.03 December 2018Everything was conducted in an efficient yet pleasant and considerate manner, reducing much of the stress from a difficult time. The advice on pricing was much appreciated and a pleasant surprise in view of recent television publicity.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors4 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.024 November 2018I cannot thank them enough for the service they have provided for me and my family at this most difficult, confusing and highly emotional period in our lives. Each member of this team have been proffessional, kind and curteous and I always felt went that they went out of their way to accommadate our needs and to offer advice. This is always a difficult time but there are periods in the grief that laughter helps, I found the team were able to strike that balalnce for us. They also provide excellent aftercare and you have the option of popping in any time for a chat and a cuppa, that is so welcome and comfortating to know that and that it is meant. A wonderful team of people.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors26 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed.
- Rating 5.015 November 2018We found Dignity excellent from start to finish for my father's funeral. From the initial first meeting to interring the ashes. We were kept fully updated throughout, nothing was a problem. Rob was fantastic, very friendly and reliable, we felt extemely reassured throughout the process. We were very impressed with the memory book provided after the funeral, it was very well thought out, well designed and Rob made sure he didn't miss anything out, it is a lovely sentimental keep sake and something we didn't expect. Rob also arranged and attended the interrment of the ashes, he really does go above and beyond to help people during a very difficult time. We would not hesitate to recommend Rob and his team at Dignity to our family and friends and can not thank Dignity enough for everything they have done for us.Response on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors16 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed.
- Rating 5.012 November 2018Excellent service all requests were carried out without hesitation all in all staff who dealt with us were absolutely fantasticResponse on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors13 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.02 November 2018A professional and friendly serviceResponse on behalf of W S Harrison & Son Funeral Directors2 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.