The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation service allows you to have a lower cost cremation for your loved one, without a ceremony.
The unattended cremation takes place without mourners at our chosen crematorium, allowing you to have your own remembrance service in a more personal environment, if you so wish. Following the cremation, we will either scatter your loved one's ashes or return them, for you to administer however you see fit.
Port Glasgow Direct Cremation Costs
We will talk you through the Direct Cremation, ensuring the arrangements meet with your approval, and work to put everything in place, including the documentation and external payments, allowing the cremation to go ahead. The total estimated cost includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings.
The high standards of care we offer to you is reflected in the care we provide for your loved one, who will be treated with kindness and absolute respect at all times. If you wish to keep or scatter your loved one's ashes, they will be returned to our funeral home for your collection, but if you want us to scatter them, this will be done in the crematorium's gardens of remembrance.
Our Price Promise
We regularly check our competitors' prices and are confident that we are unbeaten locally. To give you further peace of mind, we also promise to match any local prices you may find after arranging a funeral with us.
The Direct Cremation at a Glance:
- Our team of funeral professionals will bring your loved one into our care using specialist vehicles and equipment during normal working hours
- Your loved one will always be treated with the utmost respect and receive continuous attention while in our care, resting in climate controlled mortuary facilities
- Our funeral arranger will support you, providing face-to-face guidance at every stage of the process and liaising with all third parties on your behalf
- All necessary documentation will be prepared, collected and distributed by us, and external payments made so the cremation can legally proceed
- You can visit your loved one, by prior arrangement, in our private chapel of rest during normal working hours
- A basic coffin with lining and fittings included in the price
- A specialised funeral vehicle will transport your loved one directly to the crematorium
- An experienced attendant will supervise the cremation
- No alternative coffins are available when you choose a Direct Cremation
- There is no service or ceremony for mourners to attend
- Dignity chooses the crematorium and the cremation is unattended
Some Important Things to Consider
- Tailored FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert team in accordance with your exact wishes.Find out more
- Simple FuneralA complete funeral service at a lower cost, arranged and conducted by our expert team.Find out more
- Parlour ServiceA funeral using our specialist service venue, followed by an unattended cremation at a Dignity-selected crematoriumFind out more
Find out more about a Direct Cremation and what it entails:
The Direct Cremation
Our Direct Cremation funeral provides a cremation for your loved one, without the attendant service. There are no mourners, hearses or limousines, and no ceremony, allowing you to hold a remembrance or memorial service at a location of your own choosing, if you so wish.
Your loved one will still receive the highest standard of care within our premium facilities, and our professional arranger will be here to support you and ensure everything is in place to allow the Direct Cremation to go ahead. This will take place at a crematorium selected by ourselves, with no family or friends in attendance, and a basic, lined coffin is provided. The ashes can be returned to you or scattered at the crematorium's garden of remembrance.
To arrange a Direct Cremation for your loved one, speak to a funeral professional at our Port Glasgow funeral home.
Our Park Coffin
Covered in a black oak effect foil veneer, complete with a glossy satin finish, this coffin has a flat lid and matching black plastic handles. The lined interior is fitted with a pillow and white taffeta frill.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Our Embalming Service£150
- Our Hearses£225
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours£195
- Removal of pacemakerPOA
- Co-ordination of ancillary services provided by third parties£95
- Collection and administration of charitable donations£80
- Delivery of ashes within a 20 mile radius of our premises£50
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises£0.50 (per mile)
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
For an additional cost, we can arrange either, so that you have the assurance everything is being taken care of at this difficult time.
The table to the right provides an average cost of what is spent on memorials in the UK. To speak to one of our team about these options, call .
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at Inverclyde Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Port Glasgow funeral home on