A Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity lets you take care of the essential funeral arrangements in advance, so that that those left behind won’t have to make difficult decisions such as having to find a funeral director or trying to decide what arrangements you would have wanted.
Personalise as much or as little as you choose
Once you have taken care of the essential arrangements, you can also personalise your Plan if you wish. You can personalise it as much or as little as you want to, from adding special requests such as hymns and readings, to specifying a chosen route for the cortege to follow, or requesting favourite flowers, it’s up to you.
For many people, being able to add these touches can really make the occasion feel more personal. Whether that’s a piece of music that brings a smile or a hymn that’s heartfelt, personalising your funeral in this way is very straightforward.
It gives you peace of mind to know that everything is sorted out when the time comes which is the only guarantee in life. My only problem at the moment is knowing what music to choose.– Mrs Shields
No charges to make changes to your Plan
You can document your special wishes within your Plan for no additional cost, and if your preferences change, you can make changes as many times as you wish.
Some special requests, such as an extra limousine, flowers and catering at the wake for example, are not included in the Plan and will need to be paid for at the time of the funeral. Or if you wish to include a contribution to these costs within your Plan, you can do so with our Amber, Pearl and Diamond Plans, the contribution will also increase in line with RPI each year.
Our Limited Plan does not allow you to make any additional contributions towards the costs of any special requests.
Your loved ones also have the freedom to add any personal tributes and touches they want at the time of the funeral and the Dignity Nominated Funeral Director will be on hand to help them with this.
Ideas for personalising your Plan
Here are some ideas of how you can personalise your Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity.
- What type of service do you want?
- Who you want to lead your service?
- Would you like to nominate any Pallbearers?
- What readings or poems would you like at your service and who would you like to read them?
- Do you have a preferred piece of music you would like to be played?
- Are there any favourite flowers that you would like?
- Would you like your loved ones to make a donation to charity? If so, what charities would you like them to donate to?
- If you choose a cremation service, would you like your ashes in a certain place or scattered somewhere special?
- If you choose a burial service, where would you like to buried? Is there an existing plot and location for you?
The Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity gives you the freedom to personalise your Plan so that your service is as unique and as individual as you are.
If you would like to discuss any of your special requests, please do not hesitate to call our Client Service Team on 0800 587 2541.
The whole process was very straight forward and simple to complete.
The information received clearly stated everything involved and after deciding to go ahead with the plan, the members of the Dignity team that handled our application were very efficient and polite.– Feefo Customer Review