Talk to us

0800 456 1047

Find a funeral director

In this guide we will cover:

Notification of death

    • Employer of the deceased, if appropriate
    • Tax office
    • Passport office
    • Pension provider
    • DVLA
    • Social Services – cancellation of services
    • Hospital/Doctors/Dentist – cancellation of appointments and return of any equipment
    • Solicitor
    • Voluntary services – meals on wheels, etc.



    • Mortgage provider
    • Council house tenancy/rent
    • Council tax
    • Private landlord
    • Home and contents insurance provider
    • Post Office – redirect mail
    • Electricity provider
    • Gas provider
    • Telephone provider
    • TV licence
    • Return of any rented household appliances



    • DVLA
    • Car insurance provider
    • Finance provider, if any outstanding payments are due


Personal finance

    • Bank account
    • Building Society account
    • Post Office account
    • Credit cards
    • Premium bonds
    • Hire purchase or rental agreements
    • Personal loan provider
    • Life insurance provider


Social memberships 

    • Library books returned
    • Cancellation of newspaper or magazine subscriptions or delivery
    • Cancellation of club memberships – golf, bowls, etc.
    • Cancellation of professional memberships


Change in circumstances 

If the financial circumstances of remaining family members or civil partners have now changed, then various benefits or tax rebates may be available. Your local Department of Social Security, Department for Work and Pensions or Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to help.

If there are children in the family that were close to the deceased, you may wish to inform their teacher.


Search for a Funeral Director

Dignity Funeral Directors are here to help you in your time of need,
24 hours a day, every day of the year.