As an industry leader we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer service and the impact we have in the communities we serve. Get the latest news on our operations and the initiatives that help us make a difference.
The award winning gardens at Lancaster & Morecambe Crematorium
Hat trick of awards for crematorium gardeners
Staff at Lancaster & Morecambe Crematorium have once again proven that they really do have green fingers by winning three gardening awards.
The crematorium’s gardeners have recently won the North West in Bloom Award. This is the first time they have entered this particular competition and as it is judged anonymously, the crematorium staff are unaware of when the inspection takes place and who is judging them. The award takes into consideration horticultural excellence, environmental friendliness and sustainability with the aim of improving and caring for the local environment through the imaginative planting of trees, shrubs, flowers and landscaping, conservation and recycling. The gardeners have also gained the Silver Gilt Award in the Morecambe in Bloom competition. Standards are always very high in this competition as The Royal Horticultural Society and members of the public act as judges.
Lancaster & Morecambe Crematorium has also won the Dignity Crematorium Garden of the Year competition for the third successive year
Dignity Crematoria Regional Manager, David Baxter said: “The gardens at Lancaster & Morecambe Crematorium always look immaculate throughout the year and they are a real credit to the team of gardeners that develop and maintain them. The horticultural talents of the team mean that we can provide a place of beauty for quiet contemplation where families can come and remember their loved ones. We receive a lot of positive comments from visitors and it is rewarding to know that the team’s work had such an impact on the judges.”
- Hat trick of awards for crematorium gardenersLancaster & Morecambe Crematorium gardeners have recently won the North West in Bloom Award
- New Poppy GardenA new Poppy Garden at Randalls Park Crematorium
- Birmingham Crematorium commemorates 110th anniversaryBirmingham Crematorium commemorated its 110th anniversary on 21 July.
- Improved facilities at Loughborough CrematoriumThe Chapel and all public areas of Loughborough Crematorium have been extensively renovated.
- Eric Pickles MP visits Bentley CrematoriumOn Friday 21 June, The Rt. Hon. Eric Pickles, MP for Brentwood and Ongar visited Bentley Crematorium & Cemetery in Brentwood.
- Crematorium Community Open Day & Service of Re-Dedication The Mayor and Mayoress were presented with a floral bouquet by Crematorium Manager, Ian Carr, after unveiling a plaque to commemorate the Service of Re-Dedication.