As an industry leader we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer service and the impact we have in the communities we serve. Get the latest news on our operations and the initiatives that help us make a difference.
The Mayor and Mayoress were presented with a floral bouquet by Crematorium Manager, Ian Carr, after unveiling a plaque to commemorate the Service of Re-Dedication
Crematorium Community Open Day & Service of Re-Dedication
On Friday 10 May members of the public had the opportunity to attend a Community Open Day at Heart of England Crematorium in Nuneaton and see the recently improved facilities. The crematorium was also commemorating 18 years of service to local families.
As part of the Open Day a Service of Re-Dedication was held in the Chapel of the crematorium led by The Reverend Don Jones, vicar of Nuneaton. He was accompanied by Tara Christopher who spoke about the role of a celebrant; Anju Nathwani, who gave a Hindu blessing and Father Phillip Harrop, who led the prayer reading. Conny Vogler of the Salvation Army and Derek Sherwood from the Royal British Legion also spoke at the well attended service.
The Community Open Day was also attended by Councillor John Haynes and Mrs Hilda Haynes, the Mayor and Mayoress of Nuneaton, who unveiled a commemorative plaque following the service.
Visitors to the Open Day had the opportunity to ask staff any questions they may have about the cremation process or services provided. Local funeral directors also arranged a presentation of funeral vehicles including a modern hearse and limousines, several traditional horse drawn hearses, a motorcycle hearse and even a VW campervan that has been renovated to take enthusiasts on that final journey.
Ian Carr, Manager of Heart of England Crematorium said: "The investment in these improvements demonstrates that we aim to provide the local community with the highest possible standards of service and facilities that are second to none."
- Crematorium Community Open Day & Service of Re-Dedication The Mayor and Mayoress were presented with a floral bouquet by Crematorium Manager, Ian Carr, after unveiling a plaque to commemorate the Service of Re-Dedication.
- Crematorium wins "In Bloom" Awards The team at Lancaster & Morecambe Crematorium with their gardening awards
- Crematorium helps to remember war heroes At 11.15 a.m. on Friday 9 November, a Memorial Service was held at Heart of England Crematorium in Nuneaton to remember and honour those members of the Armed Services.
- Children's Garden blessed at Fenland Crematorium A new Children's Garden at Fenland Crematorium has been blessed by Reverend Jenny Webb from St Peter's Church on Monday 17 September.
- Animal Magic Sarah Burchill, administrator, together with the staff and manager Vicki Howell of Weston Super Mare Crematorium have been collecting pet food for the RSPCA Bristol Dog and Cats Home Winter Warmer Appeal.
- Wyre Forest Crematorium wins prestigious award Wyre Forest Crematorium, Dignity's facility in Worcestershire has won an award from the Royal Institute of British Architects. The Crematorium was named as one of the 75 buildings across the UK to pick up a regional winner award for 2012.