Our Local Simple Funeral
Our Local Simple Funeral offers our usual high standards of funeral care and a dignified send off, with a fixed range of options for you to choose from.
Whether you want a burial or a cremation for your loved one, Our Local Simple Funeral allows you to say your final goodbye in the way you choose. Giving you the option of a service at the place of committal, Our Local Simple Funeral is a suitable choice if you are able to be a little flexible when it comes to choosing the date, time and any additional extras for your loved one's farewell.
Our Service to You
As part of our service to you, we will also organise the preparation, collection and distribution of the relevant documentation, as well as manage payment of the third party costs required for the funeral to proceed.
Throughout the time your loved one is in our care, they will be treated with respect and consideration at all times, resting in our climate-controlled mortuary. You will be able to visit them in our peaceful and private chapel of rest at a pre-agreed time.
The total estimated cost includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. This can be replaced with one from our extensive range of coffins and caskets, for an additional cost.
Estimated Funeral Cost
Cost for cremation only. For information on burials, please call us.
- Simple Funeral£1995
- (Includes our Park Coffin)£0
- Plus estimated third party costs for cost of cremation and attendance of a celebrant or minister£1199
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£3194
Our Local Simple Funeral at a Glance:
- A choice of cremation or burial with an optional service (for an additional fee) at the place of committal at a mutually agreed time and date
- A suitable option if you have some flexibility when it comes to the date, time and selecting additional services
- Your loved one will be brought into our care by our highly-trained and professional team, using specialist vehicles and equipment
- Personal, face-to-face guidance at every stage of the arrangement process
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, informing friends and family of the service and commemorating the life of your loved one
- Price includes a basic coffin, with lining and fittings
- We will liaise with all the necessary third parties on your behalf
- An appointed funeral expert will provide support throughout, directing and ensuring the funeral runs smoothly on the day
- The procession begins at our funeral home and travels directly to the place of committal
- There is no option for an alternative service venue
- Your choices for the date and time of the funeral may be limited
- Personalisation is also limited compared to The Attended Funeral
Some important things to consider
Find out more about a Simple Funeral and what it entails:
Our Simple Funeral provides you with a lower cost funeral, carried out with the same care and attention to detail we apply to everything we do. It is the ideal option if you expect no compromise on the quality and the standard of service, but don't mind a little flexibility when it comes to personalisation.
Your loved one will be looked after in the premium facilities of our funeral home, with one of our professional arrangers on hand to support and take care of you. With the funeral taking place at a mutually agreed time and date, subject to availability, a funeral director, chauffer-driven hearse and pallbearers will be there on the day to ensure everything runs smoothly.
To find out more about our Simple Funeral, call our funeral home on .
Our Park Coffin
Covered in a black oak effect foil veneer, complete with a glossy satin finish, this coffin has a flat lid and matching black plastic handles. The lined interior is fitted with a pillow and white taffeta frill.
We will provide one of our chauffeur-driven hearses to carry the coffin to the funeral service, crematorium or place of committal. Depending upon the type of service you choose, we can personalise the route of this final journey to take in locations that, during life, may have had a specific meaning to your loved one.
A motorised hearse is included in the price of the funeral, but we also have the capacity, at an additional cost, to offer horse-drawn hearses, along with a range of alternative carriages. Popular choices include campervans, motorcycles and fire engines. To find out more, speak to one of the team at .
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Our Embalming Service£150
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours£195
- Removal of pacemakerPOA
- Delivery of ashes within a 20 mile radius of our premises£50
- Additional mileage charge for the delivery of ashes beyond a 20 mile radius from our premises£0.50 (per mile)
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Simple Funeral to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Although our prices include all that we do to ensure you and your loved one receive the greatest of care, there are also third party costs, which are supplementary to the overall price.
Known as disbursements, these may include fees that are payable to the crematorium, the doctor and to the minister or celebrant. The payment of these external costs will be managed by us, along with the coordination of all the documents required to legally allow your loved one's funeral to proceed. Details of the third party costs are included upon your invoice.
Select a tab to find out more about some common disbursements. For information regarding the third party costs for a burial, call us on .
Example Third Party Costs
- Crematorium Cost£630
- Doctors Fees£82
- Minister Fee£198
- Total essential third party costs£910
There are occasions when the certificate is not needed, for instance, if a coroner has reviewed the circumstances of your loved one's passing, but most of the time they are a legal requirement.
Although the doctors fee is not included in the price, we will arrange for the payment of this third party cost, along with ensuring the documentation is present and correct, as part of our service to you.
Minister or Celebrant
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family