The Chapel Service
Our Chapel Service funeral provides your loved one with a fitting send off at one of our specialist service chapels, followed by an unattended cremation at our chosen crematorium.
The venue offers a peaceful and fitting environment in which to celebrate the life of your loved one among family and friends. Once the ceremony is over, the cremation takes place without mourners, carried out with the utmost care and supervised by an experienced attendant.
Our Service to You
While in our care, both you and your loved one will be treated with kindness and respect. Using our experience, we will offer guidance to ensure you make the decisions that are right for you regarding the funeral. With those decisions made, we will take responsibility for ensuring all aspects are taken care of. From the necessary documentation to allow The Chapel Service and unattended cremation to go ahead, to arranging the third party payments.
We pride ourselves on the attention to detail and the highest standards of service that we provide, and are ready to ensure your loved one's funeral is a fitting send off.
The the estimated total cost of The Chapel Service includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. We have a wide choice of alternative coffin and casket options that are available for an additional cost.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
Our Chapel Service costs include necessary doctor's fees and the cost of cremation.
- Chapel Service£1,350
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- Plus estimated third party costs for attendance of a celebrant or minister£198
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£1,548
The Chapel Service at a Glance:
- Use of our Chapel for a one-hour service, with an unattended cremation to follow
- Your loved one continually cared for with respect and dignity by a team of funeral experts, while resting in a climate-controlled mortuary
- Personal, face-to-face guidance from our funeral arranger, who will also liaise with the necessary third parties on your behalf
- Your loved one brought into our care by a professional team using specialist vehicles and equipment
- We will arrange and manage payment of the doctor's and crematorium fees
- Required documentation, prepared, collected and distributed by us, so the funeral can legally proceed
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, informing friends and family of the service and commemorating the life of your loved one
- A basic coffin with lining and fittings included in price, which can be upgraded to a coffin or casket from our available range
- Your loved one's cremation supervised by a qualified attendant
- Services are limited to those detailed
- The service will be held at our specialist venue only. There is limited flexibility on the date and time of the service
- The cremation takes place at one of our selected crematoriums at a later date, with no mourners present
- There is no embalming service offered
- You will not be able to visit your loved one before the cremation
Some Important Things to Consider
- Direct CremationA simple, yet dignified cremation, without a service or mourners.Find out more
- Crematorium ServiceA cremation at one of our selected local crematoria and a service at the crematorium at 9am weekdays for up to 20 mourners.Find out more
- Simple FuneralA complete funeral service at a lower cost, arranged and conducted by our expert team.Find out more
- Full Service FuneralA fully personalised funeral arranged and conducted by our expert team in accordance with your exact wishes.Find out more
Find out more about The Chapel Service and what it entails:
The Chapel at our Andover funeral home offers a peaceful and appropriately furnished space in which to remember your loved one. Here, among family and friends, you can pay your respects and celebrate the life that has passed, in an hour long service presided over by a minister or celebrant.
If you wish to hold your loved one's funeral service in our purpose-built Chapel, speak to a funeral arranger or director at our Andover funeral home.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
If required, we can arrange for a single limousine to collect mourners from a single location to attend the chapel. We will then return you to the same location.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our Andover funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours.£195
- Removal of pacemaker.POA
- Co-ordination of ancillary services provided by third parties.£95
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises.£2.20
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Chapel Service to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Minister or Celebrant
We will manage the payment of this third party cost, as well as handling the relevant documentation, ensuring the funeral can go ahead.
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
Details of this third party cost will be included upon your invoice. For further information, call us on
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
There are optional extras, which, for an additional cost, we can arrange, so that you have the assurance that everything is being taken care of at this difficult time. The tabs here cover the most common optional costs, but the choices are entirely up to you.
Our table provides examples of what some families decide upon, along with the average* of what is spent on each in the UK. To speak to one of our team about additional items or services, call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at Halcrow & Sons Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Andover funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on Andover.