A Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan will protect you against the rising costs of funerals, allowing you to document your final wishes and pay for your funeral in advance.
When you pay for your funeral costs in advance with Dignity, you’re in excellent hands. By securing your funeral at today’s prices, your loved ones won’t have to pay a penny more for these services when you pass away no matter how much funeral costs continue to increase.
Why choose a Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan?
With a Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan, you get peace of mind that your funeral costs and arrangements have been taken care of. We are one of the UK’s leading providers of funeral plans, with more than 910,000 people having already made provision for their funeral in advance with us.
As a collection of the UK's finest Funeral Directors, we are committed to setting superior standards. We serve over 800 local communities throughout the UK with the utmost respect, compassion and care.
Dignity’s Client Service Centre strives to be one of the best in the UK, and has recently been awarded the BSI Kitemark for Customer Service and Complaint Management – the first company in the UK to receive this.
Guarantees to cover all Funeral Director fees
All four of our high quality Prepaid Funeral Plans guarantee to cover the Funeral Director costs for arranging and conducting the funeral, whether you choose a Cremation or Burial. If you opt for a cremation funeral, the plans also cover the crematorium fee and minister’s fee.
Therefore, with any Dignity Funeral Plan, your loved ones won’t need to pay any more towards these services, no matter how far in the future the funeral takes place.
Generous contribution towards burial costs
As burial costs vary significantly across the UK and are beyond our control, Dignity is unable to cover these additional costs. Instead, our Plans include a generous contribution of £1,220 towards these services which increases each year in line with RPI inflation.
Registered with the Funeral Planning Authority
Currently, funeral plans are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, however, Dignity are registered with the Funeral Planning Authority, the professional body that oversees the operation of registered providers offering funeral plans.
Your money is held securely in the National Funeral Trust
As added security, all the money you pay for your Plan is placed into a secure trust fund. At Dignity, we choose to pay our customers’ money into the National Funeral Trust and no matter what happens; your money will be protected.
97.7% of families we’ve served would recommend Dignity Funeral Directors
We pride ourselves on helping people during one of the most difficult times of their lives. 97.7% of families we’ve served would recommend their Dignity Funeral Director to friends whilst 99% said we met or exceeded their expectations^
The Dignity Promise
If you choose to pay for your plan over more than 12 months, and pass away before you’ve finished paying for it, Dignity will cover your outstanding balance.
We will not ask your loved ones to pay a penny more than you’ve already paid for all the services included in your plan. That’s the Dignity promise.
Paying for your funeral plan - Flexible options
We offer a range of flexible and affordable payment options which are designed to suit every budget. Make one single payment or choose to pay low cost monthly instalments, spreading the cost over a period of up to 25 years**.
Makes things easy.
Easy to do and the staff were very helpful. Left me feeling that I have done something positive about the future for my family.– Feefo Customer Review
BSI Quality ISO 9001
The Business Standards Institution’s ISO 9001 is an international accreditation for Quality Management Systems. By certifying this standard, Dignity has been able to prove that it continues to reach and exceed the global benchmark for quality management and has used it as a tool for improving and our business.
BSI Kitemark for Customer Service
In early 2017, Dignity became the first ever company in the UK to receive the Kitemark™ for Customer Service & Compliant Management from the Business Standards Institution. With customer service being at the very heart of Dignity and its teams, the Kitemark™ is a true demonstration that we treat every customer with the utmost compassion and care.
Feefo "A Platinum Trusted Service"
Feefo has allowed Dignity to engage with customers and gain true insight into their experience with our business so we can continue to enhance it further. Read our customer reviews.
What is the best funeral plan?
Before deciding upon a prepaid funeral plan, it’s important to find out the exact details of what each plan includes and compare against the rising costs of organising a funeral after the death of a loved one.
Some plans may limit what’s included in your funeral, such as your choice of funeral director, the type of coffin or funeral transport. The best funeral plan providers don’t simply provide you with the plan, they will also offer your loved ones support at a time when they need it most.
Our most popular Plan, the Pearl Funeral Plan, guarantees to cover the funeral director services, crematorium and minister/officiant fees, as outlined in the Plan.
This particular Plan provides extra comfort to family members at such a difficult time, including a limousine, quality wood effect coffin and a hearse. You can personalise this Plan with any special requests you may have.
Our Funeral Plans
All Prepaid Funeral Plans from Dignity:
- Guarantee to cover the cost of the funeral director services, as outlined in the Funeral Plan
- Guarantee to cover the crematorium fee & ministers fees included in your plan
- Provide a burial option, including an ample contribution of £1,220 towards these services which increases each year in line with RPI inflation
- Allow you to personalise your Plan by adding special requests such as hymns or readings into your Plan. There may be an additional charge for some special requests*
- Guarantee to provide the services of a compassionate and caring Dignity owned or approved Funeral Director who will provide support and guidance to your loved ones throughout
- Offer a choice of payment options. You can choose to make a one-off payment, spread the cost over 12 months with no extra charges, or pay over a period of up to 25 years**
- Guarantee your money is held securely. When you pay for your Prepaid Funeral Plan, Dignity place your money in the independent National Funeral Trust where the money required for the funeral is held until it is needed
The Limited Funeral Plan
The Limited Funeral Plan is our most affordable Plan and guarantees to cover all the basic services required for a funeral, including funeral director services and the cremation costs as listed in the Plan.
At a cost of just £2,995.00, this Plan is perfect for people who want a simple funeral at an affordable price, providing you and your family with basic cover. It still includes a generous contribution of £1,220 towards burials costs and support from a nationwide network of approximately 800 Dignity owned Funeral Directors.
With a Limited Funeral Plan, restrictions apply to the day and time of the funeral, as well as the number of Funeral Directors within our network available for this type of plan. It is also not possible to make a contribution towards any special requests.
The Amber Funeral Plan
The Amber Funeral Plan is our essential Plan and guarantees to cover all the essential services required for a funeral. It also includes a wood effect coffin and a hearse, as well as the ability to personalise the Plan with any special requests* you may have.
Offering the same features as the Limited Plan, our Amber Plan includes support from a network of over 1,200 Funeral Directors as well as giving you the option on the time and day of the funeral for just £3,395.00.
With an Amber Plan, our caring funeral professionals will be able to co-ordinate any flowers or tributes and collect payments of any charitable donations. This Plan is ideal for people who are looking for a bit more flexibility and additional cover to what is included in our Limited Plan.
The Pearl Funeral Plan
The Pearl Funeral Plan is our most popular Plan. Costing £3,750.00 it provides a little extra comfort to family members at such a difficult time. It includes a limousine, quality wood effect coffin and a hearse, as well as the ability to personalise the Plan with any special requests* you may have.
With a Pearl Plan, the funeral procession will travel to a service location, then onto the crematorium or burial site. This Plan is perfect for people looking for a funeral plan with a few extras, creating a service that is as unique and individual as you are.
The Diamond Funeral Plan
The Diamond Funeral Plan received a 5 star rating from Defaqto, making it one of the highest quality offerings in the market. At £3,995.00, it is perfect for larger families as the Plan includes two limousines.
Offering the same features as the Pearl Plan, our Diamond Plan also includes a high quality wood veneer coffin and allows viewing of the deceased in the Chapel of Rest at any time of your choosing.
Paying for your Funeral Plan
We offer a range of ways to pay for your chosen Funeral Plan. You can choose to make a one-off payment, spread the cost over 12 months with no extra charges, or pay over a period of up to 25 years. It is entirely your choice.**
Your money will be refunded if you cancel within 30 days. After 30 days, a cancellation fee of £249 will apply. This will be deducted from the amount you've paid into your Funeral Plan and the rest will be refunded.
As added security, all the money you pay for your Plan is placed into a secure Trust Fund. At Dignity, we choose to pay our customers’ money into the National Funeral Trust and no matter what happens; your money will be protected.
Our Prepaid Funeral Plans do not include:
It is also important to understand what is not included in a Dignity Funeral Plan; we believe in complete transparency when detailing our services and you can speak to our client service centre at any time 24 hours a day for more information.
- The cost of special requests such as memorials, flowers, catering, newspaper obituaries etc.
- Transport of the deceased more than 50 miles from the Nominated Funeral Director. Any charge for additional miles will be payable to the Dignity Nominated Funeral Director at the time
- The cost of removal of mechanisms such as pacemakers (which must be removed before a cremation)
- Any additional charges that are passed to us due to changes in regulations, tax, laws or generally accepted practice
- The cost of repatriation from outside mainland Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Isle of Wight or Isle of Man
- Medical certification fees for deaths where a coroner investigation is required, there are no medical certification fees. Also, changes to legislation in May 2015 mean there will no longer be a charge for a medical certification for any deaths registered in Scotland. Similar legal changes are being considered for the rest of the UK, so we do not include provision for these fees in our Plans. If the funeral takes place outside of Scotland, and a coroner is not involved, then if applicable, the medical certification fees must be paid by the next of kin or personal representative, when arranging the funeral
- Costs for conducting the funeral, burial or cremation on a weekend, at an unusual hour or public holiday
For the Limited Funeral Plan only:
- For the Limited Plan there is a restricted choice from over 800 Funeral Directors.
- A restricted choice of date and time for the funeral will be available (typically this means that with the Limited Funeral Plan the service will take place before 10.30am or after 3.30pm Tuesday-Thursday)
- You may not make any additional contributions towards the costs of any special requests.
- Not available on the Isle of Man
Other Plan limitations include:
- Any taxes - Value Added Tax is not currently charged on a funeral service; however, if this or any other tax becomes chargeable on a funeral service or part of it, your Personal Representative must pay the tax at the time of the funeral
^Source: Dignity plc Annual Report & Accounts 2018
*Some requests may incur an additional charge and may not be covered by the price guarantee - Any costs incurred from these requests will have to be paid for at the time of the funeral or alternatively a contribution can be made towards these costs which will increase each year in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI)
**If you spread the cost over more than 12 months there is an extra charge and all payments must be completed by the 85th birthday of the eldest person named on the plan