The Amber Funeral Plan guarantees to provide all the essential services for a funeral. This includes the funeral director costs for arranging and conducting a cremation or burial funeral.
For a burial funeral the plan also provides a generous contribution towards burial costs, a burial plot and Minister’s fees. This contribution increases each year in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) for the plan’s duration.
This plan includes a wood-effect coffin and a hearse, as well as the ability to personalise the plan with any special requests you may have.
Making the arrangements
- Support from a nationwide network of funeral directors
- Guidance on the registration of the death and collection of all necessary paperwork for the funeral to proceed
- Co-ordinating with individuals and organisations, and managing logistics as required for the funeral to proceed
- Personal contact with the family to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of arranging the funeral
Care of the deceased
- Collection and transportation of the deceased to the nominated funeral director's premises at any time, 24 hours a day (within a 50 mile radius, excluding ferry and air fares)
- Care and preparation of the deceased (embalming not included)
- Wood effect coffin
- Viewing of the deceased in a private chapel of rest by agreed appointment, during normal office hours
- Arranging of the funeral service (at a local cemetery or crematorium)
- Funeral director, driver and pallbearers to attend service
- Funeral procession directly to the crematorium or burial site
- Mutual agreement on the time and day of the funeral during normal office hours
- For a burial funeral the plan includes a contribution of £1,220 towards burial costs, plot and Minister's or Officiant's fees
- If you move home your plan moves with you, at no extra cost
- Personalise the plan at any time by documenting special requests such as hymns and readings
- Ability to make additional contributions towards special requests during the lifetime of the plan. Any contributions will increase each year in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI)
- 24 hour support from our UK-based client service centre, to answer any questions you may have about your plan or the service, available 365 days a year
- Free telephone bereavement advice and support for your loved ones