Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are E & M Newsome Funeral Directors in Shafton. We have been supporting our local community for over 50 years, by providing dignified and respectful funerals. We can arrange any kind of funeral, from woodland burials to colourful celebrations, and we are here to help you plan the perfect farewell for your loved one. We want to help make a difficult time a little bit easier for you and your family. When you visit us, we will work closely with you to ensure that we plan a funeral service befitting your loved one, making sure that every single detail is exactly as you want it to be. You can reach us by telephone 24 hours a day. Whenever you need us, we will be here to advise, guide and support you during your time of need. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01226 710528 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At E & M Newsome Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressWeetshaw Close Shafton S72 8PZ GB
Parking and Directions
There is ample parking at the funeral home.
We are situated on the corner of Weetshaw Close.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01226 710528 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 11 Reviews
- Rating 5.08 December 2018I Would just like to thank neil and all the staff especially nicola for doing such a wonderful job of conducting my late fathers funeral it was all made so easy taking away all the stress and worry during such a sad loss for me and my family thanks again yours sincerely David ReeceResponse on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.08 December 2018Every thing went to plan could not ask for better results all staff very helpful in this upsetting time would like to thank you all in looking after my aunt thx Jean TwiggResponse on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors10 December 2018We have received your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 December 2018I felt that from start to finish our whole experience with Newsomes was handled in in a professional and efficient way but also with a personal and caring touch.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.04 December 2018I would like to say thankyou to all the staff for the lovely funeral you did for my Son Mr Tony Martin on 20th off November 2018 Your sincerely Mr Stephen MartinResponse on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors5 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that the arrangements for your Son were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.023 November 2018Excellent service in every respect from first contact to the end of the funeral service and burial. The Order of Service booklets needed some last minute changes but this was swiftly dealt with by the undertaker who called me on a Sunday morning having read my e-mail from the night before, despite the office being closed for the weekend.
Would recommend this firm without hesitation.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors26 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.021 November 2018From our first meting with Nicola all matters were dealt with in a kind and considerate way.
The advice and help given was a great benefit to us.
We left the meeting full of confidence that our wishes and arrangements were with a very capable
and dignified companyResponse on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors22 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.022 October 2018Very caring and sympathetic, nothing was too much trouble. I would definately recommend the company to family and friends.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.018 October 2018The staff at Newsome's provided an excellent service. Just the right mix of formality and friendliness. The whole process was explained well, allowing time for our family to discuss and make decisions together.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors18 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.015 October 2018We have recently used E & M Newsome to facilitate the funeral of my auntie. The were polite, caring and thoroughly professional at all times and my family and I could not have asked for a better service from them. They also carried out my fathers funeral last year and all of my grand parents and other family funerals over the years. I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that
all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.010 October 2018The service we received was excellent, the contact we had with Nicola and Phil was just right, compassionate and caring.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors10 October 2018Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018First of all myself & my family must thank all the staff at E & M Newsome for there care & compassion, throughout the whole process, of my mothers funeral arrangements. Arranging for cars to be brought up from Birmingham,(as my mother didn't want black funeral cars) through to the floral runner for the coffin & putting us in contact with a humanist, to conduct the service. Everything was carried out with total professionalism, we can't thank the whole team enough for there services at this time of Out heart felt grief. Thank you once again for all your services.
Phillips Family.Response on behalf of E & M Newsome Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that we provided you with the care and support needed.