Randalls Road
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 0AG

Telephone: 01372 363181

Cemetery information

Important Update (30/03/2020)

On the 26th March 2020, the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 was approved and is to be implemented with immediate effect.

In line with this new legislation, The Crematorium and Memorial Group would like to notify all visitors that as of Monday 30th March 2020, our crematorium’s and cemeteries are now closed to members of the public, unless they are attending a funeral.

This means that, other than for the purpose of attending a funeral, no member of the public is permitted into our grounds for activities such as, visiting a memorial or laying flowers. For those visitors who are attending a funeral service, The CMG would like to remind you that no more than 10 people are permitted to enter our chapels and that everyone should follow the Government’s advice with regards to social distancing, regular hand washing and avoiding all personal contact where at all possible.

The CMG understands that this is an extremely difficult time for everyone, and whilst we have had to make these very difficult decisions, we have done so in order to ensure that we continue to provide funeral services to the highest possible standard, whilst protecting the health and safety of our families, clients and staff.


 

The history of Randalls Park Cemetery can be traced back almost 1,000 years. Its origins lie in an ancient estate that centred around a large, moated manor house. This was the most important residential site in the area and the name is taken from the family who lived here throughout the 14th Century.

During the tenure of the Henderson family (1856-1932) the site was the scene of many great public festivities, such as Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee on 21 June 1887, when 800 young people were entertained there and the Peace Celebration in July 1919, when a procession of 2,000 people made their way down the drive from the local town centre for an afternoon of tea, sports and dancing.

The Henderson's were forced to sell 100 acres of the estate by the District Council in 1932 in anticipation of the need to provide an additional burial ground for a time when there was no longer any space in the local cemetery.

The Lawn Cemetery was opened in 1950.

Randalls Park Cemeteryprovides a tranquil and secluded place to pay your respects to your loved ones but is easily accessible from a wide area. A unique feature is the Walled Garden – a reminder of Victorian prosperity comprising an area of some 1.5 acres and enclosed by a 12 feet high red brick wall. The garden has been imaginatively laid out as a Garden of Remembrance and plaques in memory of a loved one can be purchased to adorn the walls.

Many animal residents and visitors including a small herd of deer, badgers, swans, ducks, geese and woodpeckers frequent Randalls Park Cemetery.

Opening Hours

The Office:
Our offices, buildings and grounds will now be closed, in accordance with current law. They will only open for funeral services.

The Grounds:
Other than for the purpose of attending a funeral, no member of the public is permitted into our grounds for activities such as, visiting a memorial or laying flowers.

The Memorial Office:
Closed - Available by telephone or email only

The Book of Remembrance Room:
Our offices, buildings and grounds will now be closed, in accordance with current law. They will only open for funeral services.

Parking

There are 93 parking spaces available (3 disabled).

Back to index page

  • Expand map
  • Get directions