The Chapel Service
Our Chapel Service funeral provides your loved one with a fitting send off at one of our specialist service chapels, followed by an unattended cremation at our chosen crematorium.
The venue offers a peaceful and fitting environment in which to celebrate the life of your loved one among family and friends. Once the ceremony is over, the cremation takes place without mourners, carried out with the utmost care and supervised by an experienced attendant. Your loved one's ashes can then be returned to you, or scattered in the crematorium's gardens of remembrance.
Our Service to You
While in our care, both you and your loved one will be treated with kindness and respect. Using our experience, we will offer guidance to ensure you make the decisions that are right for you regarding the funeral. With those decisions made, we will take responsibility for ensuring all aspects are taken care of. From the necessary documentation to allow The Chapel Service and unattended cremation to go ahead, to arranging the third party payments.
We pride ourselves on the attention to detail and the highest standards of service that we provide, and are ready to ensure your loved one's funeral is a fitting send off.
The the estimated total cost of The Chapel Service includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. We have a wide choice of alternative coffin and casket options that are available for an additional cost.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
- Chapel Service£1980
- (Includes our Park Coffin)£-
- Plus estimated third party costs for attendance of a celebrant or minister£217
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£2197
Our Price Promise
We regularly check our competitors' prices and are confident that we are unbeaten locally. To give you further peace of mind, we also promise to match any local prices you may find after arranging a funeral with us.
The Chapel Service at a Glance:
- Use of our Chapel for a one-hour service, with an unattended cremation to follow
- Your loved one continually cared for with respect and dignity by a team of funeral experts, while resting in a climate-controlled mortuary
- Personal, face-to-face guidance from our funeral arranger, who will also liaise with the necessary third parties on your behalf
- Your loved one brought into our care by a professional team using specialist vehicles and equipment
- We will arrange and manage payment of the doctor's and crematorium fees
- Required documentation, prepared, collected and distributed by us, so the funeral can legally proceed
- You can visit your loved one in our private chapel of rest, by agreed appointment, during normal working hours
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, informing friends and family of the service and commemorating the life of your loved one
- A basic coffin with lining and fittings included in price, which can be upgraded to a coffin or casket from our available range
- Your loved one's cremation supervised by a qualified attendant
- The ashes returned to our funeral home for collection, or scattered in the crematorium's gardens of remembrance.
- Services are limited to those detailed
- The service will be held at our specialist venue only
- The cremation takes place at one of our selected crematoriums at a later date, with no mourners present
Some Important Things to Consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
Find out more about The Chapel Service and what it entails:
The Chapel at our funeral home offers a peaceful and appropriately furnished space in which to remember your loved one. Here, among family and friends, you can pay your respects and celebrate the life that has passed, in an hour long service presided over by a minister or celebrant.
If you wish to hold your loved one's funeral service in our purpose-built Chapel, speak to a funeral arranger or director at our funeral home.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours£195
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises£2.25
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for The Chapel Service to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Minister or Celebrant
We will manage the payment of this third party cost, as well as handling the relevant documentation, ensuring the funeral can go ahead.
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
Details of this third party cost will be included upon your invoice. For further information, call us on .
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
There are optional extras, which, for an additional cost, we can arrange, so that you have the assurance that everything is being taken care of at this difficult time. The tabs here cover the most common optional costs, but the choices are entirely up to you.
Our table provides examples of what some families decide upon, along with the average* of what is spent on each in the UK. To speak to one of our team about additional items or services, call .
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on .
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our funeral home on .
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on .