Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors and you can find us on Queens Drive in Swindon, between Burger King and Queens Drive Post Office. For the entrance to our funeral home you will need to go around to Dudmore Road; the car park is next to the Queenstown Working Men’s Club. It is our responsibility and honour to look after you and your loved one as if you were one of our family members. With this in mind, we will cater your loved one’s funeral to fulfil your every wish; no matter how big or small. If you want to change some of the simpler aspects like the music, the transport, the hymns or the floral tribute, or create something completely unique and different, we will help you. Our duty is to take as much pressure off you as possible. We are experienced in dealing with all types of funerals from woodland burials to religious services to bright celebrations of life. Since 1880, we have been giving Swindon and the local communities of Walcot, Dorcan, Covingham, Gorse Hill, Extension and Stratton an outstanding standard of funeral care. Our funeral home has a fully air conditioned chapel of rest, so you can spend time with your loved one before the day, and we can accommodate up to 20 friends and family in our service chapel. Looking after you at all times is our number one priority, which is why we have a dedicated and compassionate team available day and night to ensure our high standards of care are always met.. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01793 522023 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressQueens Drive Swindon SN3 1AW GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the funeral home.
You can park at the front of our funeral home, which can be reached off Dudmore Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01793 522023 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 17:00|
|Tue||08:30 - 17:00|
|Wed||08:30 - 17:00|
|Thu||08:30 - 17:00|
|Fri||08:30 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 10 Reviews
- Rating 5.023 November 2018At the saddest time in my life our funeral director at A E Smith & Son was really understanding and supportive, guiding us through all the choices and decisions faced when planning a funeral with great sensitivity. I was surprised how comforting I found the chapel of rest which was a truly calm and serene place. Personally this really helped me before the funeral; I never felt under any pressure, I could stay as long as I needed. On the day, the funeral was handled extremely professionally and met all our expectations. What I had not appreciated was the level of service after the funeral was over and the extent to which A E Smith & Son take their role in the community seriously. Recently we attended a lovely memorial service they organised in remembrance of those whose funerals they have arranged. It is people who make the real difference during sad and emotional times. Our funeral director was kind, understanding and thoroughly professional throughout.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors26 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care to you and your family and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.015 October 2018Service excellent, could not have asked for more.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors16 October 2018Thank you for your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.013 October 2018The staff were very kind and patient with me, and weren't pushy at all, despite the very obvious fact that I didn't have the slightest idea what I was doing, and the rather awkward scenario of my Dad not having left terribly specific instructions for his funeral, not even if he'd wanted a religious celebrant or not! I'd certainly recommend AE Smiths to anyone in the same position.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018Extremely efficient and pleasant staff who could not have been more helpful. Very professional and compassionate throughout.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors2 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.025 September 2018I was really pleased from the start, the staff were so kind and caring, and they were so helpful.
The funeral was well organised and I am so grateful.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors26 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.010 September 2018From our first meeting to the final meeting David was outstanding.
He was understanding, considerate and incredibly flexible. At a time when your vulnerable to have someone you can talk things through who doesn’t rush you, but relaxes you and helps with your decisions, makes the whole experience far less daunting, and for that I cannot applaud David enough.
David WillardResponse on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors10 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed to help ease any worries that you may have had at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.05 September 2018All the staff were very helpful compassionate and professional. we never felt rushed on the day of the funeral and I would highly recommend themResponse on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors6 September 2018We have received your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.015 August 2018I would like to thank A E Smiths in Swindon for a great service and to all the staff who helped,even when it was not straight forward but you guys done fantastic.Very friendly,professional and thoughtful.
Dignity even gave courtesy calls about their service.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors15 August 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.013 August 2018The organisation for my Mothers funeral was carried out in a very professional way with the help and guidance of excellent staff. The day itself was preformed with nothing but care and respect for my Mum and the family and went with out a hitch. I can not thank them enough for their warmth they showed throughout the trying time that we went through.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors13 August 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time, and that the arrangements for your mother were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.09 August 2018Excellent, very professional and respectful. No complaints and very happy with the service provided.Response on behalf of A E Smith & Son Funeral Directors10 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.