Our Local Simple Funeral
Our Local Simple Funeral offers our usual high standards of funeral care and a dignified send off, with a fixed range of options for you to choose from.
Whether you want a burial or a cremation for your loved one, Our Local Simple Funeral allows you to say your final goodbye in the way you choose. Giving you the option of a service at the place of committal, Our Local Simple Funeral is a suitable choice if you are able to be a little flexible when it comes to choosing the date, time and any additional extras for your loved one's farewell.
Our Service to You
We will complete the arrangements with you, wherever and whenever you wish. Whether that’s at our premises, your home or over the phone.
We will advise and guide you on all aspects of the funeral, including liaising with the necessary third parties on your behalf.
We will prepare and distribute all the documentation and manage external payments that are required for the funeral to legally proceed at the selected setting.
We will provide a complimentary online Funeral Notice: a personalised webpage that provides all the essential details of the funeral in one convenient place for you to share and keep family and friends informed.
We will remain available for aftercare, advice, guidance, and additional services as required, including access to Dignity Legal Services (except in Scotland, Jersey and Northern Ireland).
Estimated Funeral Cost
Cost for cremation only. For information on burials, please call us.
- John Stuart Funeral£1590
- (Includes our Park Coffin)£-
- Plus estimated third party costs for cost of cremation£1394
- doctor's fees and attendance of a celebrant or minister£2984
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras
Our Local Simple Funeral at a Glance:
- A choice of cremation or burial with an optional service (for an additional fee) at the place of committal at a mutually agreed time and date
- A suitable option if you have some flexibility when it comes to the date, time and selecting additional services
- Your loved one will be brought into our care by our highly-trained and professional team, using specialist vehicles and equipment
- Personal, face-to-face guidance at every stage of the arrangement process
- A complimentary online Funeral Notice, informing friends and family of the service and commemorating the life of your loved one
- Price includes a basic coffin, with lining and fittings
- We will liaise with all the necessary third parties on your behalf
- An appointed funeral expert will provide support throughout, directing and ensuring the funeral runs smoothly on the day
- The procession begins at our funeral home and travels directly to the place of committal
- There is no option for an alternative service venue
- Your choices for the date and time of the funeral may be limited
- Personalisation is also limited compared to The Attended Funeral
Some important things to consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
We will provide one of our chauffeur-driven hearses to carry the coffin to the funeral service, crematorium or place of committal. Depending upon the type of service you choose, we can personalise the route of this final journey to take in locations that, during life, may have had a specific meaning to your loved one.
A motorised hearse is included in the price of the funeral, but we also have the capacity, at an additional cost, to offer horse-drawn hearses, along with a range of alternative carriages. Popular choices include campervans, motorcycles and fire engines. To find out more, speak to one of the team at .
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
Essential Third Party Costs
Additional costs need to be paid to various third parties in order for Our Local Simple Funeral to take place. Find out what these are and why they are necessary:
Although our prices include all that we do to ensure you and your loved one receive the greatest of care, there are also third party costs, which are supplementary to the overall price.
Known as disbursements, these may include fees that are payable to the crematorium, the doctor and to the minister or celebrant. The payment of these external costs will be managed by us, along with the coordination of all the documents required to legally allow your loved one's funeral to proceed. Details of the third party costs are included upon your invoice.
Select a tab to find out more about some common disbursements. For information regarding the third party costs for a burial, call us on .
Example Third Party Costs
- Doctor's Fees£82
- Minister or Celebrant£217
- Total essential third party costs£1394
There are occasions when the certificate is not needed, for instance if a coroner has reviewed the circumstances of your loved one's passing, but most of the time they are a legal requirement.
Although the doctor's fees are not included in the price, we will arrange for the payment of this third party cost, along with ensuring the documentation is present and correct, as part of our service to you.
Minister or Celebrant
We can offer guidance on choosing a suitable minister or celebrant to preside over your loved one's funeral service, but you are equally welcome to use somebody you already have a preference for.
Popular choices to lead a cremation service are:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family