Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are John Stuart Funeral Directors in Devizes. We are here to help make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family, helping you to mark the life of your loved one in way that is special to you, your family and your loved one. Your wellbeing is paramount to us, so we will spend as much time as you need, supporting you, guiding you, and treating you as if you were a member of our own family. A funeral can be a unique celebration of life, so we will dedicate ourselves to tailoring every detail to be just as you wish. We are always here for you and can talk to you 24 hours a day. Please give us a call as soon as you need us.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01380 729459 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At John Stuart Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address18 The Brittox Devizes SN10 1AJ GB
Parking and Directions
Please give us a call if you need help with parking.
For directions, please see our map or give us a call.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01380 729459 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 4.8based on 9 Reviews
- Rating 5.012 December 2018pleasant helpful staff, the whole process of arranging the funeral went smoothly as did the funeral itself.Response on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors12 December 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.09 December 2018Local, friendly and professional. They were able to guide us and take on the funeral arrangements at a time when it's so difficult to think straight.
On the day of the funeral, everything ran smoothly and exactly as we'd requested, with the funeral professionals acting with grace and discretion.
Thank you.Response on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 4.023 October 2018My dealings with John Stuart Funeral Directors were professional and empathetic from the start. They were recommended to me and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to others.Response on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors23 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.04 October 2018We has a family found John Stuart staff were all very kind all through the process nothing was to much trouble and the questions were answeredResponse on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors5 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018The service provided by John Stuart was Excellent. The proceeded were conducted efficiently and to time, from the car arriving at our home, through to the whole cremation ceremony and delivery to the wake. Presentation was done to the highest detail and the staff were helpful, friendly and appropriate. Meetings for preparation leading to the service and those for finishing off afterwards were also excellently done. Absolutely no complaints here. Thank you.Response on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.027 September 2018Very professional with the right amount of sympathy.
Thank you Nicola, Terry and Eric especiallyResponse on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors28 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.017 September 2018We can’t thank John Stuart and there team for all they done for us . From the first phone call . Over the passed 3 mouths we have lost Mum and stepdad and there team have been there for us very professional team Nothing was to much trouble . Even just popping in for a chat and given me time . I would like to thank the team in DevizesResponse on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors17 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you and your family with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.012 September 2018We found the staff were very approachable and understanding. I could pop in or phone at any time to ask advice or discuss details. The wonderful service has carried on after my husbands funeral.Response on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors12 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed.
- Rating 5.018 July 2018Very good with lovely staff attending to all areas of careResponse on behalf of John Stuart Funeral Directors18 July 2018Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are pleased that you received the care and guidance needed at this difficult time.