Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors in Stroud, and we have had the privilege of serving our community with expertise and uncomprimising compassion for many years. We can cater for all kinds of funerals, so you can choose the most fitting service for your loved one and make it as unique and personal as you want it to be. Our team are professionals who will listen to your needs carefully, tailoring every detail to suit you and your family. We want you to know that you are not alone, so give us a call at any hour and we will be there to help you. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01453 763592 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
AddressDirleton House Cainscross Road Stroud GL5 4ES GB
Parking and Directions
You can park for free at our funeral home.
Please give us a call if you need help with directions.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01453 763592 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 9 Reviews
- Rating 5.014 October 2018The service provided by the funeral directors was very efficient at contacting other agencies involved ie. vicar, flowers, printing. They kept us informed throughout and dealt with the family sensitively.
The service at the church and cemetery went smoothly with care and consideration for mourners at all times and respect for the deceased.
Generally we were all very pleased with the service provided but would have expected nothing less considering the cost involved.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.06 October 2018We were very pleased with how helpful and attentive Karen was, especially when our requirements were different to the norm. She helped us tailor arrangements to give the personal touch we desired and the fitting send off the family wanted for our loved one.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors8 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your family with the care and support needed at this time and that all of your wishes were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018Very pleased with Philip Ford. All our needs were met. Very punctual and respectful.
No problems at all, which was exactly what was needed at such a stressful time.
Thank youResponse on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors2 October 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.08 September 2018We can’t thank Philip Ford enough for all their help in ensuring our father was treated with dignity and the service they provided us with was personal to him and us. We really can’t thank you all enough for everything you have done from start to finish. An extra special thanks to Steve for making Dad look so peaceful and looking after him. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Philip Ford to anyone and in fact already have done. Thank you all so much. Sue, Debbie and StuartResponse on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors18 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that the arrangements for your father were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.030 August 2018All staff from the beginning were exceptional in their support of the family
Every detail was attended to and the family were put at ease.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors30 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.021 August 2018Helpful at all times.
Show compassion and empathy.
Alison Edwards conducted the funeral she was amazing and has since left your company.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors21 August 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.018 August 2018Friendly and professional staff treat you with care and respect. Ensuring the funeral arrangements are personal to your requirements.
Michelle is a total asset to Philip Ford and goes above and beyond in her role. Mark is very good and thorough in his work.
I would highly recommend this company.
LesleyResponse on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors20 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.09 August 2018From start to finish Alison was wonderful, explaining the whole process on what was to happen , what we needed to do and how things would progress. She made the whole thing so easy and reassured us every step of the way.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors10 August 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you and your family at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.019 July 2018Your service from start to finish was very professional.
Everything organized went to plan and the cremation/arrangements were absolutely fine.
Many thanks.Response on behalf of Philip Ford & Son Funeral Directors19 July 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review, and for sharing your thoughts on the service that you have received. I am pleased that all of the arrangements have been carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you with the care needed at such a difficult time. Dignity Client Care Team