Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
Welcome to Powell Funeral Directors in Hertford. We are privileged to have a caring and dedicated team with a wealth of local knowledge that we can use to help make this difficult time a little easier for you. We will go through all of your options for the day, carefully guiding you wherever you feel necessary, and ensuring every detail of your loved one's funeral is unique, meaningful and a tribute to their life. It would be an honour to make the arrangements for you, and being entrusted with this duty is not something we take lightly. By choosing Powell Funeral Directors, the options available to you are limitless, and you can rest assured every aspect of our service to you will be of the highest standards, from the quality of care to the clean and modern facilities in our funeral home. We serve all of the surrounding areas of Hertford, including Rush Green, Bayfordbury, Hertingfordbury, Sele Farm, Broadoak End and Bengeo. We want you to know that you are not alone; please call us from the moment you need any assistance. We are here for you 24 hours a day. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01992 509611 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Powell Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral, from £2,895
Our Full Service Funeral is a flexible option that allows you to tailor the service completely, so that you can honour the final wishes of your loved one. For £2,895 you will receive everything that you will need for a traditional funeral to take place - including a coffin, a hearse, and your choice of time and day for the funeral to take place. You will also receive the full attention and service of our funeral professionals, as well as the provision of specialist funeral premises and facilities.
- A funeral arranged to suit you, with flexibility on time, date and services included
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Advice and guidance on all aspects of the funeral, at your home or at our funeral premises
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- We provide everything necessary for the funeral, including a coffin
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address83 Railway Street Hertford SG14 1RP GB
Parking and Directions
Please give us a call if you need parking advice.
We are located on the corner of Railway Street and St John's Street, near to Hertford East Railway station.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01992 509611 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More