Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are H H Chambers & Son Funeral Directors, based at our funeral home in York. We serve our cherished local community with the highest standards of funeral care, ensuring that every family we look after receives the same uncompromising quality that we are known for as Dignity funeral directors. Whatever kind of funeral you wish for your loved one to receive, we will be able to help. We have extensive knowledge and expertise in arranging all kinds of funerals, including woodland burials and colourful ceremonies. We will work closely with you to make sure the funeral service is exactly as you want it to be. As soon as you need our help you can get in touch with us by telephone. It does not matter what time of the day or night, we will always be here for you. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01757 213130 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At H H Chambers & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address25 Brook Street Selby York YO8 4AL GB
Parking and Directions
There is free on-road parking available.
We are close to the town centre on the Doncaster road (A19).
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01757 213130 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 3 Reviews
- Rating 5.014 November 2018A very compassionate and professional service from start to finish. We have used H H Chambers before and had no hesitation in going back. You are kept informed at all times and even at the weekend if you need someone you are informed of the person on call. They really do make a difficult time so much easier.Response on behalf of H H Chambers & Son Funeral Directors14 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.07 November 2018From first making contact to the very end of this upsetting process we had perfect service from this company. The funeral director stayed in contact with us and guided us through every stage which made it effortless for us. I cannot recommend them highly enough.Response on behalf of H H Chambers & Son Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018First class service and dealt with the same person,(Martin) from start to finish. Very professional.Response on behalf of H H Chambers & Son Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.