Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
At E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors, we believe that every funeral should be a personal celebration of life. That is why we want to help every person in our local community of Retford arrange a perfect farewell for their loved one, in a service befitting them. We can cater for all kinds of funerals, from religious and non-religious ceremonies, to woodland burials and colourful celebrations. Whatever you feel is most suited to your loved one, we will be able to help you. As Dignity funeral directors, we have a wide range of experience conducting all kinds of funerals. We also adhere to strict guidelines set by the National Association of Funeral Directors, so you can rest assured that your loved one is in the care of professionals. You can reach us 24 hours a day, whenever you need us most. Our dedicated funeral directors are here to offer you our full support, as well as any advice or guidance that you may need. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01777 703502 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address73 Grove St Retford DN22 6LA GB
Parking and Directions
There is a car park at the side of the funeral home with space for up to 30 cars. No booking required.
We are opposite St. Swithuns Primary School, a two minute walk from the town centre.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01777 703502 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 6 Reviews
- Rating 5.011 December 2018Very caring to all our needs, very dignified and dedicated with empathy shown.
Very pleased with all aspects of their service at a difficult time.Response on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors12 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed.
- Rating 5.03 December 2018Hurtons provide a faultless service at a very difficult time nothing is to much trouble however small if they say they will do something they do itResponse on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors4 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that we were able to look after you at this difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.029 November 2018The service we received at Hurtons after losing my father was fantastic, Alison did everything we asked, nothing was to much trouble.
We cannot thank Hurtons enough for their support over this very difficult time.Response on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors30 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.024 October 2018Excellent.Response on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.012 October 2018Professional, compassionate and exceptional service. Mums funeral was made more bare able with such a 5 star service.Response on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.024 September 2018E Hurton & Son, arranged my Fathers Cremation a few years back, and we were happy with their excellent and professional service throughout, that we were not hesitant in using them again very recently, for my Mother, and yet again received the exact same high standard.Response on behalf of E Hurton & Son Funeral Directors25 September 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that the arrangements for your mother were carried out to your satisfaction and that you were so well looked after by our team.