Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors in Calne. We want to take the time to listen to your thoughts and wishes, so we can plan a beautiful funeral service that pays tribute to the life of your loved one. We are able to cater for all religious, non-religious and alternative funeral services; from traditional to alternative funerals such as woodland or green burials, we will always be able to help you. With our uncompromising compassion and professional guidance, we will be able to help make a difficult time a little easier for you and your family. We are here for you, 24 hours a day. Please give us a call as soon as you need us.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01249 812258 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address1 North Street Calne SN11 0HQ GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available at the branch and at Sainsbury's car park.
Please call us before your visit if you need help with directions.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01249 812258 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 8 Reviews
- Rating 5.028 November 2018Excellent. The funeral director was totally tuned in to to supporting and helping us with respect, compassion and appropriate gentle humour. She was flexible and accommodating about arrangements right up to the last minute! The plans and prices were adaptable simple and clear. I have no plans to bury anyone else soon but when I do I will happily use Woottens again.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors28 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.027 November 2018We had previously used Woottens for the funeral of my Aunt in 2011 and were very happy with the service we received at that time. So, when my Uncle died this year it was obvious to us which funeral director we should use. We were so happy with the help and attention to detail we received from Jenn, nothing was to much trouble for her. The room where we sat to discuss the details was private, cosy, beautifully decorated and comfortable. We even changed our minds about one or two details but they were swiftly changed without comment. The funeral was carried out in the most professional and courteous manner and we were absolutely delighted with how it all came together. Thank You.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors27 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and provide you with the care and support needed to ensure that that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.05 November 2018Wonderful service from Jenn and her team. Professional and caring, no detail left unattended to. We would recommend Woottens without hesitation. Thank you for allowing us to focus on our feelings and memories as all the other matters were dealt with by Woottens.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors6 November 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.015 October 2018From the beginning they showed dignity & compassion. Were there for me,any time and so helpful. By my side all the way and made the most difficult time easier. I would and have recommended Wootten & Son. Adam must be awarded a big gold star!Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors16 October 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.01 October 2018The friendly efficient service we received was excellent. Jen liaised with Bev, the Civic Celebrant, and our personal wishes were fulfilled. I would not hesitate to recommend this Funeral Director. Jacqui.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors1 October 2018Thank you for the comments left as part of your online review. I am glad that you were so well looked after by the team, and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.
- Rating 5.06 September 2018A first class, friendly and caring service from start to finish. Jen was extremely caring and helpful.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors6 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.028 August 2018Wootten's were very caring and understanding at our time of loss. Everything was easily arranged and all our plans went exactly as we wanted them to. It was a lovely send off for our dad and we are grateful for all the help and advice given.Response on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors29 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that all of your wishes and requirements for your father were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.026 August 2018Our bereavement was dealt with sensitively and sympathetically. We felt we were receiving a personal and individual service. We were offered choices and allowed to make our own decisions. We would not hesitate to recommend Woottens to any other person wishing their family funeral dealt with in a professional and understanding mannerResponse on behalf of E Wootten & Son Funeral Directors28 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am glad that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out as you had requested.