The Chapel Service
When you choose the Chapel Service, our expert Funeral Directors will help arrange a one-hour service in one of our chapels. We will then conduct an unattended cremation with the highest levels of care.
Our chapels offer a peaceful setting where family and friends can remember and celebrate the life of your loved one. Once the ceremony is over, the cremation will take place without family or friends present. The cremation will be carried out with dignity and respect, overseen by one of our professional attendants.
Our Service to You
We want to make arranging a funeral as straightforward as possible for you. When you choose our Chapel Service, you will be introduced to a professional funeral arranger, who will guide you through all the steps required to put together the ideal farewell.
Your funeral arranger will plan the service with you in our funeral home, or over the telephone, depending on what suits you best. They will also work with any necessary third parties on your behalf, managing any paperwork or payments required for the funeral to go ahead.
We will also provide a complimentary Funeral Notice on our website to commemorate the life of your loved one. Here, people attending the funeral can find details of the service and any additional information in one, convenient place.
Once the service and cremation have been carried out, you can still count on us for aftercare, advice, guidance and further assistance.
Please note that the estimated total cost of The Chapel Service (shown in the table) includes a basic coffin with lining and fittings. We have a wide choice of alternative coffins and caskets available for an additional cost. You can take a look at these in the “Service Details” section below.
Estimated Cost of Funeral
- Chapel Service£1,500
- (Includes our Park Coffin)
- Plus estimated third party costs for attendance of a celebrant or minister£86
- Total estimated cost excluding optional extras£1,586
The Chapel Service at a Glance:
- We will bring your loved one into our care, using specialist vehicles and equipment, where they will then rest in a climate-controlled mortuary
- We will dress your loved one in a suitable basic gown and follow any instructions regarding hair and makeup
- Your funeral arranger will guide you through the planning process, step by step, offering support every step of the way
- They will also liaise with all necessary third parties and manage all documentation and external payments on your behalf
- We will create a complimentary online Funeral Notice, celebrating the life of your loved one and providing details of the service
- Your loved one will be transported to the crematorium with dignity and respect in a specialised funeral vehicle
- For an additional cost, you can choose from our wide range of urns and caskets for your loved one’s ashes
- We also provide the additional option of memorials for your loved one. Please speak to a member of the team for information on memorial pricing
- If you wish to have your loved one’s ashes interred, we can also arrange this. Again, please contact us for further information on pricing
- There will be no embalming service offered
- You will not be able to visit your loved one before the cremation
- We will only be able to host the service at our chosen chapel
- There will be limited flexibility on the date and time of the service; the service will take place at our chapel as soon as possible
- The cremation will be unattended and will take place at one of our selected local crematoriums at a later date
Some Important Things to Consider
- The Unattended FuneralWe will help arrange a simple and straightforward cremation without a service, giving you the chance to remember your loved one in your own way.Find out more
- The Attended FuneralOur expert funeral arrangers who will help create the send off you have in mind for your loved one.Find out more
Here’s some further information on what you can expect from our Chapel Service:
The service will be carried out in one of our Canton chapels, which will serve as a peaceful and fitting space for family and friends to remember and celebrate the life of your loved one. The service will last for up to one hour and, for an additional cost, can be led by a minister or celebrant.
- Seating capacityOur chapel can seat up to one hundred people for your loved one’s service
- Allotted timeYour loved one’s service will last up to one hour
- LocationYou can get to the chapel through our funeral home’s main entrance
- ParkingWe have 8 parking spaces available at our funeral home and there is also on street parking available on the same road
For more information on our Canton chapel, please get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We may also be able to provide alternative options if you would like the service to be held in an alternative chapel.
Our Range of Coffins and Caskets
Our Casket Collection
Our Classic Collection
Our Natural Collection
Our Picture Collection
Our Traditional Collection
Dependent upon the style of vehicle, our funeral cars are usually capable of carrying a maximum of between seven and nine mourners. It is traditional for immediate family to take the first and, if necessary, second limousine, with other family and friends using any additional cars or following on in their own vehicles.
To find out more about our funeral limousines, speak to one of the team at our Canton funeral home today.
Our Range of Urns
Natural Ashes Containers
Traditional Urns and Ashes Casket
- Bringing the person who has died into care outside of normal office hours£195
- Additional mileage charge for travel beyond a 20 mile radius of our premises£2.25
- Removal of pacemakerPOA
Essential Third Party Costs
There are third party costs that need to be paid for our Chapel Service to take place. Here’s some more information on what these fees are and why they are necessary:
Minister or Celebrant
We can help you choose the right minister or celebrant for your loved one’s funeral. Popular options tend to include:
- Religious leaders
- Civil celebrants
- Humanist celebrants
- Friends or members of the family
If you already have a preferred minister or celebrant in mind, you are more than welcome to use them. We will manage the payment of this third-party cost, as well as handling the relevant documentation, making sure that the funeral can go ahead.
Costs can vary, but as a reference we have listed the fee for a Church of England minister, which is £198 in England and £86 in Wales.
Details of this third-party cost will be included on your invoice. For further information, please feel free to call us on
Optional extras can be added to make your loved one's funeral even more personal, find out more below:
For an additional cost, we can help to arrange alternative coffins, a limousine, service stationery, funeral flowers, an obituary and more.
We’ve created a table to show some examples of popular additional services, along with the average* sum spent on each in the UK. If you’d like any further information on these services and pricing, please call
Example of Optional Funeral Costs
*Data based on UK averages in the SunLife Cost of Dying report 2019
- Venue hire£245
- Death notice£82
- Order sheets/service cards£88
We can help you to choose the right funeral memorial for your loved one and arrange to have it made and, where necessary, installed. Options for a memorial to your loved one include:
- Cremation memorials
- Ashes jewellery
- Cremation urns
- Memorial benches
- Memorial trees
Speak to one of the team at Stone & Ham Funeral Directors about a memorial for your loved one. Call us on
A visually arresting way by which you can express your love for the one you have lost, funeral flowers come in a variety of arrangements, such as:
- Funeral wreaths
- Floral arrangements
- Coffin sprays
- Casket sprays
We are here to help you choose a suitable floral tribute to your loved one. To discuss your options, call our Canton funeral home on
Order Sheets and Service Cards
It is often handed out as the mourners arrive at the venue and can be anything from an Order Sheet or Service Card, to a short booklet. These can be made more distinctive with photographs and meaningful quotes to offer a more personal reflection of your loved one. Many choose to keep their Order of Service, treasuring them along with the other special memories and mementos of a life sadly passed.
Whether in the form of an Order Sheet, Service Card or booklet, we can help you to decide upon an Order of Service from the options available to you. To find out more about the choices you have, call our funeral home on