Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors in Cheltenham, and we are honoured to be able to help people through difficult times, helping to make things a little easier for the families in our care. We understand how important it is to get things right when it comes to saying farewell to those we love, so we endeavour to meet your every request. We would feel privileged to be able to give your loved one the beautiful funeral service you wish for, and this is a duty that we never take lightly. From the moment you get in touch, we will listen to your requests with careful consideration, and guide you wherever you feel necessary. Our funeral home is set back from the road behind an immaculate garden, which offers a peaceful and natural surrounding when you visit us. Please know that you are not alone; as soon as you call us we will be here for you, no matter what. You can reach us 24 hours a day, so please do not hesitate to get in touch.Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01242 525383 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address74 Prestbury Road Cheltenham GL52 2DJ GB
Parking and Directions
We have a large car park at our funeral home for you to use.
You can find us next door to the BP filling station and M&S on Prestbury Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01242 525383 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 10 Reviews
- Rating 5.012 November 2018Inger and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. She helped us through the process and made sure that everything was fine. Tracking down a celebrant that I'd seen at a previous funeral and making sure that the music was just right with the correct arrangement of one piece and arranging for the organist to play a piece of my grandfather's music at the start.
Thank you.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors12 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.025 October 2018From the first phone call to Selim Smith through to the funeral we knew we were in professional, caring and experienced hands that would guide us through a difficult time.
The service that we received was excellent and couldn’t be faulted.
Inger was particularly helpful with her excellent recommendation of a Celebrant that suited the style of service that we wanted, along with giving us other suggestions and ideas.
We were also very impressed with the quality of the Order of Service and the Thank You cards that were produced. I would thoroughly recommend Selim Smith.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors25 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.013 October 2018I suggested that my son-in-law ought to consider Selim Smith when we sadly lost our youngest daughter in 2016 at the age of 34.
Everything Selim Smith did for us was carried out with professionalism. At the funeral I was very pleased with the dignity and sensitivity of the staff and, in particular Inger Riis-White.
When my mother passed away in September 2018 at the age of 96, I did not hesitate to ask Inger to officiate at my mother's funeral. Inger is a real asset and I can thoroughly recommend her and the staff at Selim Smith.
Alan Stephens (Cheltenham)Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors15 October 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am glad that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested and that that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.020 September 2018Selim Smith provided an excellent caring service at a time of so much grief in our family. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the quality of everthing they provided was fist class.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors20 September 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.01 September 2018From the moment my father died the staff at Selim Smith &Co Funeral Directors were a great help. They came to our house to discuss what we would like and nothing was too much trouble. They kept in contact with us making sure that everything was as we wanted it to be. Even phoning us the day before the funeral to check details and make sure we were happy with everything. I would highly recommend using them and will definitely use their services again. Mrs CroweResponse on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors3 September 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.031 August 2018Friendly, helpful and sympathetic service. They provided plenty of options and examples of order of services, caskets, flowers, etc to help with decisions. Nothing was too much to organise and they kept us informed all the way through. Very grateful for their support and understanding during a difficult time.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors31 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family at this difficult time.
- Rating 5.030 August 2018The funeral director gave our family excellent service, nothing was to much trouble, communication and back up after the funeral has been goodResponse on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors31 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family.
- Rating 5.023 August 2018Excellent service very pleased, everything went as planed and the staff were very understanding, caring people.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors23 August 2018Thank you for taking the time to send your online review to us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.09 August 2018The service we received from Chris Parsons in the days leading up to the funeral was compassionate and extremely professional, with a fine attention to detail and the ability to make gentle suggestions about things we hadn’t even considered,
On the day everything went very indeed.
All in all, we could not have asked for a better service.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors10 August 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.030 July 2018My husband David left this world far too young and before he was able to welcome his first grandson. Its been a minefield of emotions having him so suddenly taken so soon but Selim Smith were there every step of the way. They couldn't do more to ensure the process of arranging the funeral and service was as I requested. AS they did for my father in law Stan recently. Thank you Selim Smith.Response on behalf of Selim Smith & Co Funeral Directors30 July 2018Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am pleased that we provided the highest level of care and guidance to you and your family at this difficult time, and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.