Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors in Scarborough are here to help you arrange a personal, unique farewell for your loved one. We believe that life with those we love is deeply personal, and that their funeral services should reflect this. We have served our local community in North Yorkshire for many years. Our funeral home is equipped with modern facilities and decorated in a manner that helps you feel calm and comfortable whenever you visit. We also have three chapels of rest which you can use to spend time alone with your loved one before the funeral. You can reach us by telephone at any time of the day. We are always here to advise, guide and support you and your family. Our Simple funeral is available for £1,995 + third party costs, without compromising on the quality of the service that is delivered. Or our Full Service funeral can be tailored just how you wish, whether that be a traditional ceremony or a colourful celebration of life. Call us today on 01723 501001 to talk through your personal requirements.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every step, including registering the death
- Arrangements that are tailored to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Funeral services of all faiths and cultures
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- Hearses, funeral vehicles and bespoke transport options
- Memorials and tributes
- Prepaid funeral plans
At B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors, we understand how special life is with those that you love. For us, every funeral is unique and personal. We have a service to fulfil every wish, with every detail carried out with the same uncompromising quality of care. From a traditional service, to a colourful woodland burial, your options are limitless with our Full Service Funeral. If you have a little more flexibility when it comes to arrangements, then we can provide a Simple Funeral for a lower cost.
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Choose your preferred coffin, casket or urn and form of transport
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address1-5 Prospect Road Scarborough YO12 7JP GB
Parking and Directions
There is car parking available on surrounding streets, you can get a parking disc from our funeral home.
We are located on the corner of Trafalgar Street West and Prospect Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01723 501001 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||08:30 - 17:00|
|Tue||08:30 - 17:00|
|Wed||08:30 - 17:00|
|Thu||08:30 - 17:00|
|Fri||08:30 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 9 Reviews
- Rating 5.07 December 2018I did feel that P### was such a genuine nice person and he did everything to make it as easy as possible. I would use you again.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors10 December 2018Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.
- Rating 5.05 December 2018We received a very professional service with a kind personal touch.
Emma was my first point of contact, so reassuring at this very difficult and vulnerable time.
Ann made all the arrangements and directed Mum`s funeral in the most kind and professional manner, exactly the way we wished and also suggested some nice improvements.
Thank you so much Ann, Emma and all the staff at B Bernard for looking after Mum so well.
Duncan .Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors6 December 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that we were able to look after you and your family at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.028 November 2018Lovely service,very pleased with all aspects.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors29 November 2018Thank you for posting your review online. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.023 November 2018Bernard's arranged my fathers funeral in a most sympathetic and caring manner without being in any way over the top, it's the second time I've had cause to use them in recent years and on both occasions they have been faultless, supportive and did everything I asked them to do. Thank you.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors26 November 2018Thank you for the kind comments posted on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time.
- Rating 5.015 November 2018Excellent all round service, the follow up calls were something I didnt expect and were an extra nice touch.
I thought they showed respect and dignity in all aspects.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors16 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the care and support needed at this time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.09 November 2018The whole process has been made easy to deal with at the most difficult time in your life by staff who were very sympathetic and thoughtful of our thoughts and wishesResponse on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors12 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time and that you were so well looked after by our team.
- Rating 5.09 November 2018The staff went above and beyond to help me out during a very difficult time. They were genuine, kind, caring, highly professional and knowledgeable.
Everything was explained to me clearly and they listened to my wishes. They did not try and push anything on me that wasn't required... The service they provided for my late grandfather and myself was outstanding.
Brilliant people offering exceptional value for money.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors12 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that the arrangements for your Grandfather were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.08 November 2018From the initial contact when they collected Dad to the aftercare Bernard and Sons provided my Dad and the family with dignity and respect at our sad time. After the meeting at the funeral home I felt comfort in knowing that the team would be looking after my Dad and talking care of him. I wasn’t worried about him been on his own because he was cared for by the team. When he was presented back to us he looked wonderful and peaceful in a beautiful room. The funeral was amazing everything my Dad wanted to the detail with no compromise to our specific requests. The team made a very sad time bearable for us and supported us. They delivered Dads ashes to our home because we did not feel up to going back to collect them which was a wonderful touch to take our needs into consideration. Thank you Bernard and Sons.Response on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors8 November 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am happy to hear that we were able to help ease any worries that you may have had at this difficult time and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.
- Rating 5.019 October 2018I would and am definitely recommending there services, we didn’t have to worry about a thing, at a time that was very emotional.
They informed us of everything that was happening, and nothing was too much trouble, we didn’t have to worry about a thing, also Mum got everything she wanted, I can’t thank them enough.
I would recommend pre paying for your funeral too, as it takes the burden off your love ones, at at a time when it’s the last thing you want to think about, I will be doing mine next yearResponse on behalf of B Bernard & Sons Funeral Directors22 October 2018Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that we were able to help make things easier for you at such a difficult time.