Dignified funeral from £1,995 + third party costs
Jump to a Section
We are Newport & District Funeral Directors, professional funeral care providers in Newport, Telford. We are honoured to have our local families and those in our surrounding areas like Longford, Edgmond and Chetwynd Ashton trust us to take care of their loved one and provide a funeral service that resonates well with the memory of their loved one and their family heritage. You, your family and your loved are our top priority. We will take care of your loved one with respect, arrange the funeral service exactly the way you want, whether that is a cremation, religious funeral or contemporary service and ensure all personal touches like flowers, donations or any special requests are in place. We will go through every step, explain all options clearly and make sure everything is organised to your liking. You can contact us at any time, day or night. So do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We are here for you.
What We Offer
- Advice and guidance at every stage including registering the death
- Arrangements personalised to meet your family's needs
- Local expertise and knowledge
- Cremation or burial at any local crematorium or burial site
- Viewing of the deceased in the chapel of rest
- funeral cars and other transport options
- Funeral plans
Full Service Funeral
A funeral service that is personalised to honour the final wishes of your loved one, helping you create the perfect funeral. With our professional guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to decide what is included as part of their farewell. With a wealth of unparalleled expertise and local knowledge, we endeavour to honour your every request, no matter how small the detail. Our Full Service Funeral will ensure everything is perfectly organised, delivering a fitting tribute for your loved one.
- Our funeral professionals will care for your loved one in our premium facilities
- Have complete choice over the time, day and location of the funeral service
- Eco-friendly, religious, colourful or any type of funeral you wish can be arranged for you
- Arrangement of your favourite flowers, music, stationery and obituary notices
For more information, call us on
Simple Funeral, £1,995
A complete funeral service for a lower cost, with the same quality of care that you would expect from any Dignity Funeral Director. This kind of service is suitable if you have the flexibility to let us choose certain aspects of the service for you, such as the time of the service and the type of coffin. You can rest assured that our fully trained team will care for your loved one with dignity and respect.
- Our funeral experts will look after your loved one in our premium facilities
- You can visit your loved one at our chapel of rest during working hours
- We will provide a chauffeur-driven hearse and pallbearers for the service
- The funeral service will be at a time and place of our choosing
- You will have a funeral director present at the service to oversee arrangements
For more information, call us on
Why choose us?
Funeral services with distinction
Providing the highest standards of care
Expert professionals available 24 hours a day
High quality facilities
Where to find us
Address47-47a Upper Bar Newport Telford TF10 7AP GB
Parking and Directions
There is on road parking available near our funeral home
We are a two minute walk away from Newport Post Office on Upper Bar Road.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day on 01952 820667 if you require our services outside of these hours.
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Mon||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||09:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||09:00 - 17:00|
Supporting you along the way
What to do when someone dies
It’s perfectly normal to be unsure of what you need to do following the death of a loved one. This guide and checklist will explain the first steps you need to take so you can start making any necessary funeral arrangements.Find Out More
Making funeral arrangements
Our guide to funeral arrangements will help you arrange a fitting funeral for your loved one. Learn more about funeral flowers, popular songs for funerals, our range of coffins and how to write a memorable eulogy.Find Out More
The day of the funeral
This guide will explain what happens at a funeral; including the funeral procession, funeral service, committal service and the wake. We will be here to help you through every step of the journey.Find Out More
Reviews of our services
Rating 5.0based on 2 Reviews
- Rating 5.07 November 2018Excellent service. Staff very professional.Response on behalf of Newport and District Funeral Directors7 November 2018Thank you for posting your online review. I am pleased that you were so well looked after by our team and that all of the arrangements were carried out to your satisfaction.
- Rating 5.03 November 2018I found Newport and District Funeral Directors very helpful and understanding. They did not press us to make instant decisions about the funeral arrangements. We were able to take our time to ensure that everything was carried out in accordance with our wishes. On the day of the funeral everything went very smoothly and we didn't have to worry about anything. Although, obviously, it was a very sad occasion I wasn't left thinking it could have been handled better.Response on behalf of Newport and District Funeral Directors5 November 2018Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your online review. I am glad we were able to provide you with the support and guidance needed at this difficult time, and that all of your wishes and requirements were carried out by the team as you had requested.